No announcement yet.

Car cut out in front of me last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car cut out in front of me last night.

Wasn't too sure where to put it but I thought here would do. I'm just reminding everyone how much most car drivers don't look for motorcyclists.

I was heading west up the hill on Hepburn Ave after Alexander Drive and there was a car that pulled out right in front of me trying to get across to The Avenue. I smashed into the side of it on a slight angle. This was at about 7:40pm on Saturday night. I've been in hospital with only a broken wrist. The copper that came to the crash site explained what happened in detail and said I did everything perfectly, hard on the brakes in the right road position without locking up either wheel. I was going about 70 and he said I whipped off about 10km/h, so hit the thing at 60km/h.

Apparently the bike is written off and also the car! It was an old 60's Torana I believe so I'm a little proud to have hit that solid thing hard enough to get it off the road...

Anyway, I am just so lucky that I've come out of this with just a broken wrist and a few bruises and grazes. Very lucky to have been taught well on what to do in emergency situations such as this. I've only had my license about 3 months but I'm glad it happened like this to me and not going 200 around some corner and end up getting killed hitting a tree or something.

Just a quick reminder to everyone I guess on how not all cars see (or give a shit) about you. Safe riding
    Have a lovely day!

Hope the recovery is a smooth one, glad you can see the bright side and are here to tell your story
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Hope you heal up quickly.
      Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

Comment

Night time is the worst for riding. Drivers are looking out for two headlights. Cars aside, darkness and shadows play havoc with visual perception for the rider. Extra care is definately required.

Anyway at least ur more or less ok. Hope it aint ur favourite fappin wrist.

Comment

Sorry to hear that...

Wishing your wrist a speedy recovery.

I hope the driver was insured and you are back on the road soon.

Comment

Get well soon.
            -

Comment

Damn that sucks.. Hope you heal soon and aren't messed around by their insurance!!

Comment

Hope you heal quick and get back into it. Will the police be charging the guy that cut in front of you (if I read it right)?
                Originally posted by Abuse this
                Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by QuinMcLivan View Post
                  I was heading west up the hill on Hepburn Ave after Alexander Drive and there was a car that pulled out right in front of me trying to get across to The Avenue. I smashed into the side of it on a slight angle.
                  Glad you are OK mate, that's not far from me :o So when you say pulled in front of you do you mean the car turned right from Hepburn in front of you into the Avenue or across from the right lane? That's not the best vision if turning right but still if you look properly and the traffic isn't hiking then it isn't a problem They were probably coming down to turn right and didn't even bother slowing down (I've seen it many times there, assuming that's how the accident was) before hooking right
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Rest up and heal quick dude
                    "Dude, I just saw a bird vs. squirrel fight. A car won!"

"A horse told me not to drive home last night. I think there was a cop on top of it."

Comment

Originally posted by mekon View Post
                      Hope you heal quick and get back into it. Will the police be charging the guy that cut in front of you (if I read it right)?
                      Yeah he will be getting charged with something. I don't have a say in it as I broke something so he definitely gets charged
                      Have a lovely day!

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                        Glad you are OK mate, that's not far from me :o So when you say pulled in front of you do you mean the car turned right from Hepburn in front of you into the Avenue or across from the right lane? That's not the best vision if turning right but still if you look properly and the traffic isn't hiking then it isn't a problem They were probably coming down to turn right and didn't even bother slowing down (I've seen it many times there, assuming that's how the accident was) before hooking right
                        He was turning off Hepburn into The Avenue. I was the only one around. I could have sworn he slowed down to stop but I guess he didn't see me till it was too late :/
                        Have a lovely day!

Comment

Thanks for all the support from everyone. Will hopefully get back on a bike when I'm all healed up again. Doctors say 8 weeks! :/
                          It's gonna be worth the wait...
                          Unfortunately the bike is written off so I've got to get another one first too haha.
                          Have a lovely day!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder to keep us all wary of inattentive drivers. I'm also around that area and Para is correct, if you don't slow down and look properly at that section before turning you could end up in an accident. I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly, heal up

Comment

Jeez a welcome thread to write-off thread in a month. Get well soon, glad to hear the damage (to you) isn't too serious.

Comment

Working...
                              X