Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen - K5 GSXR1000 track bike. Last seen 6:40 pm 21/10/2012

Hi Everyone.

My trackbike which I have been trying to sell has been stolen by a low-life tyre kicker. The bike is in the for sale thread, but now I'll just be happy getting it back. Guy who rode off in it was tall, medium build, blond curly hair (like a surfer) wearing jeans and a white surf t-shirt and he was wearing ratty white sand shoes. He went by the name "Heath" which is probably fake.

Last seen in the Joondanna area on dusk with no lights, mirrors or anything. He left his (obviously borrowed) Mazda van outside my house along with the keys. Cops are investigating now...

FUCK! I feel like such an idiot

Please keep an eye out for it and let me know if you see it up for sale again. VIN JS1B6121300 Engine number T713-122743

Last edited by jonescg; 21-10-2012, 10:10 PM. Reason: added information

Shitfuck, I hope he gets caught.

Did he look proficient on the bike when he took off?, and bring his own helmet?

Comment

Are you sure it's stolen?

Or has he possibly crashed?

Comment

Don't feel too bad, your not the first nor the last to get suckered in by a lowlife thief.. Karma is a bitch and I hope it catches up with him real soon..

Comment

No he didn't look real comfortable on it as he took off. But being dark and not having any lights or mirrors, he couldn't have gone far. He brought his own helmet and jacket though... Balls.

Comment

How he contact you in the first place? Phone or email? Maybe cops can track him down, I supose

Comment

He called me on his mobile to arrange an inspection. Of course the phone was switched off / tossed in the river as soon as he said he was coming over. The van parked in the street obviously belongs to someone else, who presumably doesn't know it's been borrowed to carry out a bike theft. He would have had an accomplice to move the bike.

So fucking brazen! I feel like such an idiot for not noticing all the warning signs...

Comment

But where did he get your number from?

PSB? Gumtree?

Comment

let the tyres down on the van.

Comment

Give his number to the cops, I know he must be gived false identity when activate the number, but is worth a try

Comment

He got the number from Gumtree. The van's obviously not his, so I won't be doing anything to it. However, there is enough information around you could probably track it down with the right questions. I have given the mobile number to the cops too, but it was probably a stolen phone.

Comment

Damn feel sorry for you man. Theives these days are so braizen and will go for anything. Sucks to hear these stories but at the same time makes us all aware of what is really going on when it comes time to sell a bike. Thanks for sharing and I hope good comes from this story.
                        "Starin' at the world through my rearview"

Comment

Next time I try to sell something that they require a test ride I won't only just be checking their license but il be taking a picture of them, no picture no ride surely they'd think twice then, can't believe no ones thought of this before!

I wish you the best of luck in finding your bike mate, theres a few options between the phone and van for him to be possibly caught so don't give in just yet

Comment

Originally posted by T.G View Post
                            Next time I try to sell something that they require a test ride I won't only just be checking their license but il be taking a picture of them, no picture no ride surely they'd think twice then, can't believe no ones thought of this before!

I wish you the best of luck in finding your bike mate, theres a few options between the phone and van for him to be possibly caught so don't give in just yet

Good idea, it may make them feel uncomfortable, but I'm certain if they're that interested in "buying" they won't mind a pic for safety's sake..
                            Also take 100% deposit, might lack buyers but no cash no ride.

Comment

Originally posted by T.G View Post
                              If someone is serious enough to take a bike for a test ride then they are serious about buying it and will leave the full purchase price in cash.
                              If they won't, no keys.

Comment

Working...
                              X