Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Must be in gear at lights' ?

Yo, quick question for assembled convocation of motorcycle illuminati :

Is it mandatory to have bike in gear whilst waiting at red lights?

I was pulled over by seٌor plod who alleged the above.

On this particular instance I wasn't doing above, although I usually do and think it's prob the safest Practise. But illegal not to?

Thoughts?

No...it's advised but not mandatory

Comment

Did you get a ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrost View Post
        Is it mandatory to have bike in gear whilst waiting at red lights?

I was pulled over by seٌor plod who alleged the above.
        What a dickhead (ie the cop).

There is no mention in the Road Traffic Act or Road Traffic Code about any vehicle being required to be in gear at traffic lights.
        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Thoughts?
          Wanker.

Comment

'Must be in gear at lights' ?

Recommended- something that is commented on during a riding exam, but not worthy of a fine.
            Originally posted by Desmogod
            Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

arse gravy of the highest order
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Tee Hee - "arse gravy" I like that.

Comment

Re: 'Must be in gear at lights' ?

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                  arse gravy of the highest order
                  I thought arse gravy was what you made when you couldn't get the bike into gear as something came howling towards you while sat at the lights.
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

If I waited at the lights with the clutch held in on either of my Ducatis; the clutch would overheat and I would be projected through the lights and under the wheels of a cement mixer.
                    -

Comment

just tell them you have cramp in your police hand...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        I thought arse gravy was what you made when you couldn't get the bike into gear as something came howling towards you while sat at the lights.
                        nah, that's arse water. Arse gravy is more like the morning after a curry and 6 pints of guinness
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Re: 'Must be in gear at lights' ?

Yesterday I saw a Hyosung rider flick his side stand down and rest both feet on the handlebars. :what:

On Tonkin waiting for the Morley drive lights to change.

Comment

'Must be in gear at lights' ?

Originally posted by AWSE View Post
                            Yesterday I saw a Hyosung rider flick his side stand down and rest both feet on the handlebars. :what:

On Tonkin waiting for the Morley drive lights to change.
                            I think I may have met this guy.. Also rides sitting on the tank 'just cos'..

Comment

What makes it any safer with the bike in gear and holding the clutch in until ya need to move off?
                              Is this only when ya in the lead and sat at the line? or while twiddling thumbs as ya wait in a long line of commuters?
                              BTW see so many riders stopping with whole bike beyond the white line..... im sure this is pingable?
                              faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

Working...
                              X