Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking a pillion... Anything I need to know?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a pillion... Anything I need to know?

Hi Guys,

Been riding for a few months now, and I'm comfortable being on the bike by myself. I'm now a little eager to get some experience taking a pillion. Thought I'd put the question out there because I'd rather not do something stupid with a girl I'm potentially trying to impress on the tail end of the bike...

Any useful comments, or advice?

DB

Impress her parents even more by taking the car!

Dice with your own skin at this stage in your riding life and leave her skin on her pretty arse... I take it she has a nice looking butt?

Comment

I cant remember who it was but someone here said that "to people who haven't been on one before, riding a bike is a massive thrill even when doing half the limit" Im paraphrasing here.

Take it easy dude. Turning is more difficult and you don't have as much power. No need to be thrashing the life out of it, you'd probably scare her half to death and she'll never get on again.
      How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Comment

More braking room due to added weight.
        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Chicks dig wheelies!

But seriously just take that extra second for everything, stopping/turning etc. I'm guessing they've never been on a bike before either? Get her to put her arms round your waist that'll help keep her centre of gravity follow you to reduce any chance of sudden wobbles if she panics round a corner.
          Originally posted by CBRsairz
          assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Make sure she understands her role on the back of the bike; ie: it is not to "help" you go around corners by leaning but to stay in line with the bike. Nothing worse than heading for the kerb because some doofus is leaning the opposite way to that which your going. :o

Make sure she knows how to get on / off the bike and the best way to hold on depending on what your bike offers in that department. (holding on to you always being a good alternative with a girl on the back)

Make sure she has appropriate riding gear; nothing worse than seeing a guy in full riding gear and a girl in shorts and a t-shirt on the back.

Try and be smooth in gear changes, takeoff and braking.

Keep the first few trips fairly short until she is both used to it and sure that she actually likes being on the back.

Don't fck up and bin it trying to impress her with your skills.

Comment

Trying to impress her on the bike is doing something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by kapyong View Post
                Impress her parents even more by taking the car!

Dice with your own skin at this stage in your riding life and leave her skin on her pretty arse... I take it she has a nice looking butt?
                What kapyong Said.

Big responsibility and you will be feeling pretty low if anything happens. Do you have some gear for her to wear ?

Not saying don`t do it but maybe just a few spins around the block first before you try it out in heavy traffic.

I personally don`t rate it much. Put my Mrs on the back when I first got my bike. She climbed on what seemed like 6ft in the air (on a sports bike), sat on the seat thats about the size of my mobile phone, feet on the pegs with her knees up around her head. Got about 100m down the road, "stop, stop I`ve got a cramp."

Neither one of us enjoyed it, the bike handles like shit, every time I braked there was a headbut to the back of my helmet, no matter how gently I would accelerate it seemed like she was going to slip off the back, she was either digging me in the ribs or grabbing my love handles and you can`t really say alot to each other on a long ride.

Just my take. Your bike is probably more suitable than mine and alot of couples do really enjoy it. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Only problems I ever had with a pillion is the low speed turning in shopping centers etc. Once you get moving you hardly notice them as long as you are not close to pushing the limits on your bike.
                  New pillions will tend to do two things when first on a bike
                  1) lean the opposite way in a corner as they think the bike will fall over.
                  2) bump the back of your helmet every time you change gear.

Tell her not to lean left or right and just go with the bike. The helmet bumping stops after a while.

Cheers Joe

Comment

Don't wear a back protector so you can feel her boobs on your back when you brake.
                    -

Comment

A good pillion you should not know they are there.
                      A bad one can have you both sliding down the road.

A few gentle kms. Then have a word with the pillion bout what they should be doing and then before you start off again tell them, "If you stuff it up we will both go for the slide of a lifetime."

Avoid riding in areas where he or she knows people. As you throw the bike into a corner they have a habit of leaning the wrong way and waving!

Comment

my missus was pretty good on the back of my bike, the first 10min she was nervouse as fuck, moving about and tensing up but once she relaxed and just went the way the bike went it was hardly noticeable she was there
                        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Fixed!

Originally posted by mr_mike View Post
                          my missus was pretty good on her back, the first 10min she was nervouse as fuck, moving about and tensing up but once she relaxed and it was hardly noticeable she was there

Comment

what how did u do that [MENTION=24862]GreenMeanie[/MENTION], you cant change peoples quotes around!!!
                            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Working...
                            X