?DRZ400e question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?DRZ400e question?

Hey gang, so i recently picked up a 2010 model drz400e just a question regarding the 3x3 and jet mod i hear people do on the s and sm models. Is this mod applicable on the e model ?(Or does it already have the larger jets?/opening air box up wont increase power) Also i have swapped the gears to a 15 in the front and a 39 in the rear - as I will mainly be using the bike to commute from maylands to freo every day, should i go to a 16 in the front and get the aftermarket case cover so it fits? Or is it not worth the extra effort for that 1 tooth? Cheers guys
    Last edited by Rory Burrows; 20-08-2013, 05:03 PM.

Is this a bright yellow one with motard wheels from Bunbury?
    Ride it for a while before you rush into changing to a 16t. If the gearing still feels to short then it is worth thinking about.

Comment

due to the drz400e already having the good carburetor (mikuni) the 3x3 mod is just cutting a bigger hole in the airbox (i could be wronge :?)
      my 09 drz400e has the larger hole cut in the top of the air box plus removed the spark arrester from the muffler
      09 DRZ400E

Comment

the 3x3 mod is just pulling out a rubber snorkel piece in the top of the airbox under the seat, i still did the dynojet jet kit to make sure it didn't lean off and it ended up running rich but i was happy with that.

15 tooth sprocket made the chain scrape the stock sprocket cover on mine and also meant i couldn't do wheelies in 4th anymore so i stayed with the stock 14...

unless stock is 15 and i had my numbers wrong all along

too many years since i actually played with setting the thing up and i don't own it anymore.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Burrows chuck a pic of miss Kotze in the racks thread or piss off haha

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            the 3x3 mod is just pulling out a rubber snorkel piece in the top of the airbox under the seat, i still did the dynojet jet kit to make sure it didn't lean off and it ended up running rich but i was happy with that.

15 tooth sprocket made the chain scrape the stock sprocket cover on mine and also meant i couldn't do wheelies in 4th anymore so i stayed with the stock 14...

unless stock is 15 and i had my numbers wrong all along

too many years since i actually played with setting the thing up and i don't own it anymore.
            The E model has a top snorkel plate on the airbox that can be removed, no need for any further drilling unless going big bore. Std gearing is 14f 47 rear, I went 15f 43r with offroad wheels and 15f 41r with tard rims. Both are a bit long for fun but great on the freeway (around 6000rpm @ 100km/hr).
            sS
            yes, i am ignorant
            yes, i am a prick
            no, i don't care
            you make me sick

Comment

Working...
            X