• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone keen to ride with a learner

Anyone keen to go for a ride with a learner, I live in safety bay

You want an RE shadow?

Ok.

What level of learner are we talking about here mate? How many lessons have you had? Has your instructor given you any feedback regarding riding with a shadow that isn't a qualified instructor?

Happy to help out mate, questions are just out of genuine concern.

Comment

I'm second phase, I've passed my practical test just waiting the 6 months out

Comment

I got my RE 16 years ago so I don't know what "second phase" and the 6 months relates to, but you can ride the thing yeah?

Anyway, as long as its all legal and you're confident, then yeah, no worries mate. I'll go for a spin with you.

Let me know mate.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn 74 View Post
          I got my RE 16 years ago so I don't know what "second phase" and the 6 months relates to, but you can ride the thing yeah?

Anyway, as long as its all legal and you're confident, then yeah, no worries mate. I'll go for a spin with you.

Let me know mate.

Cheers.
          Doesn't have a car/bike licence at all yet. First phase is you get your L plates, learn to drive, then you go for your on road test. If you pass your on road test, you go onto second phase (still on L plates) which is logging driving hours in a log book. Then when you finish second phase, you take a 'hazard perception' test on a computer. Then you get your licence.

Comment

Yeah I've passed the actual riding test, but now I have to wait 6 months and log 25 hours on the road as a learner. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
              Doesn't have a car/bike licence at all yet. First phase is you get your L plates, learn to drive, then you go for your on road test. If you pass your on road test, you go onto second phase (still on L plates) which is logging driving hours in a log book. Then when you finish second phase, you take a 'hazard perception' test on a computer. Then you get your licence.
              Ok cool. Thanks for that speedy

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bikeman18 View Post
              Yeah I've passed the actual riding test, but now I have to wait 6 months and log 25 hours on the road as a learner. Cheers.
              No worries mate, I'm just around the corner and always up for a ride.

How do you verify the hours recorded in your log book?

Comment

Scout's Honour.

I actually did 25 hours, but there's nothing stopping you making them up. However, it's still a legal document.

Comment

Awesome mate. Whoever I ride with just has to write it down and sign it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                  Scout's Honour.

I actually did 25 hours, but there's nothing stopping you making them up. However, it's still a legal document.
                  I fudged most of mine for my first 25 hours before my practical haha.

Comment

No worries. Let me know when you want to go.

Comment

No worries mate, I'm just around the corner and always up for a ride.

you have to sign for the hours the rider does with you, i prefer to be very strict about it even though it's not really my responsibility, if we're out riding for two hours but 40 minutes of it is spent sitting down for lunch then i only write down the 1 hour 20 minutes actual riding time.

they probably think i'm a knob for not just signing their book off as done but it doesn't cost them anything but their own fuel to clock up hours with me.
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Cool mate I'm up for it pretty much whenever, if your going for a ride just let me know or something that would be sweet

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          you have to sign for the hours the rider does with you, i prefer to be very strict about it even though it's not really my responsibility, if we're out riding for two hours but 40 minutes of it is spent sitting down for lunch then i only write down the 1 hour 20 minutes actual riding time.

they probably think i'm a knob for not just signing their book off as done but it doesn't cost them anything but their own fuel to clock up hours with me.
                          We have more in common than what you think

Going out on a limb here, but, I think your getting to know me now filbert. You know by my questions to him that I do not consider motorcycle safety to be a joke, nor do I think it's "cool" to sign off on a legal document that puts someone on the road, on a bike of all things, before they are ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bikeman18 View Post
                          Cool mate I'm up for it pretty much whenever, if your going for a ride just let me know or something that would be sweet
                          After work tomorrow, then Saturday, then Sunday pending weather. PM me buddy.

Comment

I taught both my sons to drive. It was agony. Once they had passed the practical test, I refused to lie on their logbooks so it took about 4 months for them to get their hours up. One of their girlfriends persuaded her father to bullshit on the logbooks so she got through in a week. She has written off two cars already. Fortunately she hasn't died or been injured.
                            -

Comment

Log book time is the last chance to instill some good road skills in learners. To fudge it is madness.
                              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Working...
                              X