Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drilled holes in first baffle - Illegal or legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilled holes in first baffle - Illegal or legal?

Looking at a bike, haven't seen it yet but they tell me the first baffle is drilled. Is this legal?

No.

Any deviation from the approved emissions standards or modification resulting in exceeding prescribed noise limits is illegal.

Chance of getting caught? Low to medium.

Inconvenience of getting caught and inspection to remove yellow sticker? Medium to high.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

first baffle could very easily be the catalytic converter.......

odds of getting stung for it are stupidly low its not funny but if they found out somehow and put the lack of a cat on the defect then you'll be up for the cost of a genuine system.
      Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Yes its legal the cops even encourage it so bikes can be heard better and make the roads safer.
        National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
          Yes its legal the cops even encourage it so bikes can be heard better and make the roads safer.
          All pigs fuelled and ready to fly.....
          Originally posted by mekon
          Why are pirates called pirates?
          Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

Theres a TEG officer out there reading this with half a chub screaming "Ask about an FE, AN FE!!!'

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
              Theres a TEG officer out there reading this with half a chub screaming "Ask about an FE, AN FE!!!'
              Hey there legal to

Its so the cops can see your tire better and check for tread without needing to climb out of their cage..
              National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Any deviation from the approved emissions standards or modification resulting in exceeding prescribed noise limits is illegal.

Chance of getting caught? Low to medium.

Inconvenience of getting caught and inspection to remove yellow sticker? Medium to high.
                Prize for the most sensible answer ... if we HAD a prize for the most sensible answer, that is
                yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

[MENTION=8605]MADOGA[/MENTION] Might pay to use the sarcasm font around newbies; it's a fair question for someone who doesn't know.
                  Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                  If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post
                    [MENTION=8605]MADOGA[/MENTION] Might pay to use the sarcasm font around newbies; it's a fair question for someone who doesn't know.
                    I've given up on sarcasm, I've convinced myself that I can be even more annoying with direct answers to the best of my knowledge and it still adds to my post count.

Comment

So to make the bike street legal, what sort of cost would I be looking at? Would I need to replace the muffler with another stock muffler to remain LAMS approved? The bike is a 2011 Hyosung Gt250R btw

Comment

Dude, don't worry about it. Seriously. If you have to take it over the pits, get a stock one then.

bike is a 2011 Hyosung Gt250R
                        Oh, a Hyo 250 you say... yes, keep it as quiet as possible, especially if it is an aftermarket can

Srs again, don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                          Dude, don't worry about it. Seriously. If you have to take it over the pits, get a stock one then.

Oh, a Hyo 250 you say... yes, keep it as quiet as possible, especially if it is an aftermarket can

Srs again, don't worry about it.
                          This is the news I wanted. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TheChorizo View Post
                            This is the news I wanted. Thanks
                            'tis only my opinion but there's plenty of bikes out there with baffles drilled out/aftermarket cans (me included) that have never been stung.

You may however get asked if there's anything wrong with your bowels given the wet fart sound that a Hyo makes, that is even more pronounced with baffle removed/aftermarket can

Comment

If it's a hyo 250 it's LAMS legal anyway there's no restrictor that can be removed to make it illegal.

It's purely noise and emissions.

Pretty sure there's no cat on the hyo, so if you manage to get pinged you just have to make it quiet for the pits.

Comment

Working...
                              X