Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinging cigarettes/ash out a car window as you drive passed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinging cigarettes/ash out a car window as you drive passed...

Hello All,

What is your take on a car driver who timely throws a smoked cigarette and/or pings their cigarette ash out of their car window as you drive passed?

Happened to me on the freeway today passing Cedric St going south. And also the other day a big fat tattooed arm pinged ash as I went passed.

I drive a Z1000 with a Ak full system so it's not a quiet ride - not Ducati volume but still loud enough to be heard.

Am I over thinking?

Theres plenty of options in the road rage thread.

I think it's a pretty cunty thing to do.

Comment

Yes you are overthinking because they also aren't thinking. Like people who squirt water for their windscreen washers while a bike is behind.

Best thing I ever heard was to carry around an old butt (hurr) in your pocket, pull up next to them and say, "excuse me, you dropped this" and deposit on their lap.
      Or you become a litter reporter (Litter Reporting) and report them and the only way for them to get out of the fine (c.$100) is to sign a stat dec.

Comment

Even better coming into bushfire season.

Litter Reporter Form
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Irrespective of when they do it, it is littering, and even worse, a fire hazard.

I really don't get this expectation by smokers that they can just drop their toxic waste on the ground. It's disgusting.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
            Irrespective of when they do it, it is littering, and even worse, a fire hazard.

I really don't get this expectation by smokers that they can just drop their toxic waste on the ground. It's disgusting.
            Exactly, I was going out with a guy who smoked (yech) and gave him shit for littering and he never did it in my presence again except one day he thought he was doing the right thing by putting it into a drain (I guess cos it was a receptacle of some kind)... buh bow... you douchenozzle (no [MENTION=16344]Manyak[/MENTION] given he's giving up smoking ), it finds its way into a waterbody (especially given we were on Riverside Dve, FFS). This guy does have half a brain and doubt he'd litter anything else but for some reason, cig butts seem 'acceptable'... maybe cos they're so small and it's so frequent that they need to dispose of them. Sit at a set of lights and just take a look at the verge/median strip :/ cumulatively it's not such a small volume. 'tis a pet peeve, but so's littering in general.

Comment

I have put out and reported at least two smouldering fires in mulch on the median strip.

Chucking it into drains is even dumber than just the toxic aspect. If the drain is dry it most likely contains dry fuel in the form of leaves, paper etc.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Flicking butts out the window, yeah a big no no. Ash, though?. Yeah, I'm a smoker, does ash make a difference?
                "It moved"

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                  ...Or you become a litter reporter (Litter Reporting) and report them and the only way for them to get out of the fine (c.$100) is to sign a stat dec.
                  It's even better if you have footage of them doing it. So when they lie in a stat dec to get out of the fine they can get gaol time for perjury

Comment

This is a pet hate of mine. Become a litter reporter. I usually try and get a photo of the vehicle to help the case. Keep Australia Beautiful do follow up on your reports and prosecute people. The fine for a cigarette butt is $200.

Comment

when I smoked I threw butts out the window, in drains, toilets, dolphins blow holes and so on,

Now I'm an ex smoker I can say it's truly fucked but when I did smoke it never really bothered me or the people I was with, even the wife though she hated it neve really complained that much?

Took me a while to clean up all the butts around my place and drains, thing is they take ages to break down and they just look revolting thing is there are worse things you can step ie. shit,vomit and so on so on that note there not that bad...

RR
                      http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

Originally posted by RRossi View Post

Took me a while to clean up all the butts around my place and drains, thing is they take ages to break down and they just look revolting thing is there are worse things you can step ie. shit,vomit and so on so on that note there not that bad...

RR
                        ever seen the dissected gut of a bird, fish etc? cigarette butts apparently look very tasty

Comment

Yeah dob in a smoker, no evidence needed. I am an ex smoker and have had 3 fines for cigarette butts in areas I was not in at the time. Try to call and dispute the fine - you get an answering machine. They don't call you back. Don't pay the fine? It goes to fines enforcement. As far as I can see it is guilty with no option to prove innocence. All you people who dob in a litterbug either get glasses to make sure you see what you think or even better pull your heads out of your arses. The system is setup to revenue raise and can be abused ie me as a non smoker being fined.
                          if you have such a problem why not carry a garbage bag with you? Far better than making people pay fines. I can tell you as an ex smoker - charge what you like, they don't give a fuck. They will do it twice as much just to upset you.

Comment

I buy cigarettes and let them burn before flicking them at infants in prams as I ride past.

What's more, I don't even smoke!
                            Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                            Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Last edited by mstriumph; 30-09-2013, 09:34 PM.
                              yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Working...
                              X