Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polarized visors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Polarized visors

    Hi all
    does anyone know where you can get some polarized helmet visors?
    It doesn't have to be a visor as such but it can be an add-on to a tinted visor

    I bought tinted from Helmet warehouse and while it is o.k to ride with the sun at the back of you, as soon as sun hits the front you can see the glare to a point where you think visor is dirty or something
    Any help much appreciated
    Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
    remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
    Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
    Who died while defending his right of way;
    He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong



  • #2
    Might help to say what type of helmet you have? I seem to remember seeing that polarised visors were only available from one brand (if any).
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

    Comment


    • #3
      only problem with polarized visor is that you may not be able to read a digital read out on ur dash. I know if i wear my polarized sunglasses when riding my dash just goes black and i hav eto bob my head about a bit at angles to see what the reading is.
      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

      Comment


      • #4
        I find polarisation distracting; all the glass I can see goes all rainbow-y and shiz...
        Originally posted by Dragunov-21
        If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Loud View Post
          Might help to say what type of helmet you have? I seem to remember seeing that polarised visors were only available from one brand (if any).
          I have M2R M2 helmet

          - - - Updated - - -

          Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
          only problem with polarized visor is that you may not be able to read a digital read out on ur dash. I know if i wear my polarized sunglasses when riding my dash just goes black and i hav eto bob my head about a bit at angles to see what the reading is.
          I will be ok with it...

          Reason I bought it is to remove sun glasses out of equation
          Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
          remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
          Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
          Who died while defending his right of way;
          He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
          But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong


          Comment


          • #6
            I always wear polarised sunnies too, be awesome if I could throw a polariser film on the internal shade of my lid.

            If you find anything, get back to us.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

            Comment


            • #7
              What about these, might be a quick easy fix.



              Hyper Optiks
              This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by brendanc View Post
                What about these, might be a quick easy fix.



                Hyper Optiks
                I've used these on the last 3 clear visors on 2 helmets and they work well, not as good as the Iridium tinted visors I've had but as I tend to start early and finish late they work well enough
                If I'm riding purely during the day and likely to be riding into the sun then I'll just use the Iridium
                Not sure how they would work under a tinted visor as they use the sunlight to darken them like Transitions glasses
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by brendanc View Post
                  What about these, might be a quick easy fix.



                  Hyper Optiks
                  Where do you get these in Oz as this is Netherlands based company

                  - - - Updated - - -

                  Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                  I've used these on the last 3 clear visors on 2 helmets and they work well, not as good as the Iridium tinted visors I've had but as I tend to start early and finish late they work well enough
                  If I'm riding purely during the day and likely to be riding into the sun then I'll just use the Iridium
                  Not sure how they would work under a tinted visor as they use the sunlight to darken them like Transitions glasses
                  One thing I don't know if these will suit M2R M2 helmet
                  Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                  remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                  Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                  Who died while defending his right of way;
                  He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                  But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
                    Where do you get these in Oz as this is Netherlands based company

                    - - - Updated - - -



                    One thing I don't know if these will suit M2R M2 helmet
                    Um.. Google and Ebay are your friend.

                    FOG City Hyper Optiks Light Reactive Motorcycle Helmet Anti FOG Visor Insert | eBay
                    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
                      Where do you get these in Oz as this is Netherlands based company
                      Not sure about Oz as I got mine from Johns Bike Bits in the US

                      They are smaller than the opening on most helmets to allow a general fit so should fit most helmets
                      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                      Originally posted by Phildo
                      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                      98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by brendanc View Post
                        Do these go on outside or inside of the helmet?

                        - - - Updated - - -

                        Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                        I've used these on the last 3 clear visors on 2 helmets and they work well, not as good as the Iridium tinted visors I've had but as I tend to start early and finish late they work well enough
                        If I'm riding purely during the day and likely to be riding into the sun then I'll just use the Iridium
                        Not sure how they would work under a tinted visor as they use the sunlight to darken them like Transitions glasses
                        Did you try them out at the full sun?
                        I'd like to know before I buy? How does world look like through cobalt blue

                        Also I would replace my tinted visor with the clear one and use this instead
                        Last edited by acdcfan; 04-10-2013, 08:36 PM.
                        Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                        remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                        Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                        Who died while defending his right of way;
                        He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                        But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
                          Do these go on outside or inside of the helmet?
                          Never used them, but seeing as I'm being helpful Let me google that for you
                          This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by brendanc View Post
                            Never used them, but seeing as I'm being helpful Let me google that for you
                            That was hard very hard

                            it is on the inside i tell ya

                            Edit
                            just bought it off ebay
                            Last edited by acdcfan; 04-10-2013, 09:06 PM.
                            Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                            remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                            Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                            Who died while defending his right of way;
                            He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                            But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
                              Do these go on outside or inside of the helmet?
                              Did you try them out at the full sun?
                              I'd like to know before I buy? How does world look like through cobalt blue

                              Also I would replace my tinted visor with the clear one and use this instead
                              a) It sticks on the inside of the helmet visor
                              b) As I said above I've used them in full sun but they aren't as good as a tinted visor when heading into the setting sun in summer so there is still some glare although you can see
                              c) You don't really notice the blue colour and it goes more of a grey colour over time on the visor
                              d) Keep the tinted visor for full sun days where you know you wont be riding in the dark As above I use the FCHO insert on a clear visor for ~90% of my riding but a lot of that is commuting to and from work which means a lot of early mornings or evenings
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                              98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X