Hand Signals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Signals??

Hey guys I was just wondering, the other day I had another bike pass me whilst heading up Tonkin, I was exiting onto roe, and they gestured with two fingers on the side and I assumed that it was because of double demerits?? (thank you) But this morning heading along the causeway almost in the city, another bike overtook me in my lane and signalled a number one and I'm assuming it's not because it's back to normal demerits...

So my question is, is there certain signals that mean certain things or does it really depend on the rider??

Also.. What does the tap on the top of the helmet mean??

Cheers guys...

Tapping the top of the helmet means there's police / a speed camera ahead - not as common as flashing your lights

Don't know about any 'helpful' one or two finger waving ... ^_^
    yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

There is absolutely no consistency with regard to what hand signals mean. So don't worry about them too much unless it is very clear what they're getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
        There is absolutely no consistency with regard to what hand signals mean. So don't worry about them too much unless it is very clear what they're getting at.

This seems to have fairly universal meaning

Comment

Originally posted by Nate86 View Post
          Hey guys I was just wondering, the other day I had another bike pass me whilst heading up Tonkin, I was exiting onto roe, and they gestured with two fingers on the side and I assumed that it was because of double demerits?? (thank you) But this morning heading along the causeway almost in the city, another bike overtook me in my lane and signalled a number one and I'm assuming it's not because it's back to normal demerits...
          I needed to read something like that this morning, strong imagination or maybe coincidence

Hey the 1 finger wave wasn't with all fingers curled around with just the middle one visible was it................ (DAMM BEATEN BY HUGGY !)

2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
          2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
          2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
          2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
          2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
          2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

They are just saying hi. Relax. Bet you didnt even nod did you.

Comment

When I signal with my hands it's to indicate I'm turning left or right. Well I don't do it to the right so often as you have to take your hand off the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
                They are just saying hi. Relax. Bet you didnt even nod did you.
                No time to nod, too busy worrying about the people following him...

Comment

[MENTION=9716]El Skitzo[/MENTION] - I thought the hand signal for turning right was a palm facing forward, with your elbow crooked at 90 degrees (L) if you didn't have turn signals?

Comment

Lol thanks guys!! Nah definitely wasn't the middle finger... And wasn't worried about him following, as I didn't see him til he passed. then I looked next to me and did give him a nod, hoping he wasn't flipping me off and I'm just sitting there nodding lol!! :-)

Comment

Repost, but relevant:

Comment

Originally posted by Nate86 View Post
                        Hey guys I was just wondering, the other day I had another bike pass me whilst heading up Tonkin, I was exiting onto roe, and they gestured with two fingers on the side .
                        Had you left your indicator on/off or something indicatory?

Comment

Generally anything I do with my hands is just a wave to say hi, the one that really gets me here is when people seem to put their leg out to indicate that they want to do something on that side of their bike, like merge across.

All over Europe the leg down is a universal thank-you, generally as you pass another bike or a car that has noticeably moved to let you past.
                          Originally posted by boeman
                          Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                          Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                          Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                            Generally anything I do with my hands is just a wave to say hi, the one that really gets me here is when people seem to put their leg out to indicate that they want to do something on that side of their bike, like merge across.
                            I've seen people kick a leg out on PSB rides before. I've taken it to mean that they are going to move across to the other wheel track of the lane - as using the indicators would mean they're changing lane. Either that or they're pointing out potholes in the road.

It would be good if there was some standard, universal hand signals though

R Class Since 18-09-2014

Comment

Originally posted by crowtribe View Post
                              El Skitzo - I thought the hand signal for turning right was a palm facing forward, with your elbow crooked at 90 degrees (L) if you didn't have turn signals?
                              No idea, I just hand signal like I'm riding a push bike as you have to make it as obvious as possible for other road users who are already wondering WTF you're doing

Comment

Working...
                              X