Is this a good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good price?

A close friend of mine is looking at getting her bike licence. She has found a 2010 green (aren't they all) kwaka 250 ninja. It has 7500 on the clock and asking $ 4,000. Comes with full service history, but that would only be maybe 2 services. She has found it on gumtree.
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war......

average not good not bad
    Originally posted by Rich...
    You got me in trouble...

Comment

You could bargain that down quite easily.

Comment

Make sure it hasn't got a fender eliminator and some horrible aftermarket exhaust system on it.

Comment

A year ago I'd say yep but the Ninja 300 and bigger LAMS bikes have lowered the demand for Ninja 250's and CBR250R's.

So much more choice out there now. Hard to believe that only 2 years ago the Ninja 250 was the only decent road RE bike available new.

Still a good 1st ride but haggle em down to $3,500!

Oh, and they came out in Black, Red & Blue too
          It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Got the link on Gumtree?

As alluded by others with the introduction of LAMS the Ninja 250 is now a little lost as the Ninja 300 is now a more popular choice both aesthetically and through performance. Initial purchase cost is only part of the issue as you will need to take into account future sale when the inevitable desire to upgrade to a large bike comes about.

That being said I am sure a Ninja 250 will always move simply due to the fact that our tiered licencing system exists.

Haggle to $3500 due to not seeing the advert.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
              Got the link on Gumtree?...

...Haggle to $3500 due to not seeing the advert.
              Went looking for OP's green but found this blue on first page:

Yahama ninja 250cc | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Stirling Area - Balcatta | 1028868522

1600kms for prob 3 grand?
              Jesus, supply must be way outstripping demand - unless that "Yamaha" ninja has done 16,000kms

Edit: Think I found OP's:

2010 Kawasaki ninja special edition 250r represents brand new | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Bayswater Area - Noranda | 1027423398
              Last edited by truewheel; 03-10-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Although I'd be weary buying a bike of someone who thinks their Kawasaki is a Yamaha.

Comment

Doesn't sound very haggle worthy

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                    Went looking for OP's green but found this blue on first page:

Yahama ninja 250cc | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Stirling Area - Balcatta | 1028868522

1600kms for prob 3 grand?
                    Jesus, supply must be way outstripping demand - unless that "Yamaha" ninja has done 16,000kms
                    looks as if they gaffer taped the exhaust on.

Offer them $2500 and your time in teaching them how to Read

Comment

Honestly, I have a Hyosung GT250 EFI 2010 and I got it for $2,600.
                      My best friend had a Ninja 250 and he jumped on mine and took it around the block, and he came back pumped.

He said it rode better than the ninja, the gears were smoother and it was very agile, a lot more than the ninja.
                      His dad has been riding for 30+ years and has been through many bikes, he took mine for a test ride because I could hear the rear brake squeeking when used and he came back pumped, he loved the experience and said it was a great ride, smooth through the gears and agile, and sold his Suzuki VStrom 1000cc and is considering buying the Hyosung GT650.

Im looking at selling mine as I am looking at upgrading to a CBR500R.

Save yourself $1500 - $2000 and buy a Hyosung GT250 / GT250R.
                      Ive had next to no problems with my bike, its frowned upon but it sure gets me from A to Z safely and I ride it multiple times a day both in the sun and rain and it has no rust anywhere!
                      - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

Just buy a 1000, ya don't need a little bike to learn on....

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the input. I have tried speaking to her about LAMS but she only wants a little light bike at the moment. Turbo thank for finding the add, I am currently in Melbourne for work and haven't had a chance yet. I will speak to her more when I get home and show her this thread.
                          Again thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Sorry Truewheel fur giving Turbo your credit......

Comment

Originally posted by XolituDe View Post
                              Honestly, I have a Hyosung GT250 EFI 2010 and I got it for $2,600.
                              My best friend had a Ninja 250 and he jumped on mine and took it around the block, and he came back pumped.

He said it rode better than the ninja, the gears were smoother and it was very agile, a lot more than the ninja.
                              His dad has been riding for 30+ years and has been through many bikes, he took mine for a test ride because I could hear the rear brake squeeking when used and he came back pumped, he loved the experience and said it was a great ride, smooth through the gears and agile, and sold his Suzuki VStrom 1000cc and is considering buying the Hyosung GT650.

Im looking at selling mine as I am looking at upgrading to a CBR500R.

Save yourself $1500 - $2000 and buy a Hyosung GT250 / GT250R.
                              Ive had next to no problems with my bike, its frowned upon but it sure gets me from A to Z safely and I ride it multiple times a day both in the sun and rain and it has no rust anywhere!
                              Honda CBR250R vs. Hyosung GT250R vs. Kawasaki Ninja 250R | MC Comparison - Motorcyclist Magazine

You like the Hyo, the mag prefers the Honda; I had the Honda and a Kwaka - I think the Ninjette is best.

Comment

Working...
                              X