Where can I ride a Sports Bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I ride a Sports Bike?

This sound a bit odd but I thought i'd at least ask you guys.

I am coming to my first year of riding and therefore can get a larger bike and go for my R-Class license. I currently have a KTM Duke and love it, especially the riding position, but I am sold on a sports bike. A CBR600RR or R1. I was wondering though if there was somewhere in Perth I could actually give something like those bikes a ride and see if I really want a sports bike. The shop guys are only willing to give me a test when I ready to buy!

Anyone have any advice?
    Thanks
    James

It's called a bike shop and make sure you have a shadow and your L Plates.
    I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

buy trackbike - go to track.

Or hire one from champions!

Comment

Presenting as 'ready to buy' is not that hard to do. If you tell them you're there just to test ride bikes for the sake of it then they are going to tell you to bugger off.

Come across as though you are genuinely interested in buying the bike, and the staff will be much more likely to let you test ride the bike.

As a learner you will need an L-Plate and someone on another bike to shadow you. The bike shop staff may be able to shadow for you, but would be entirely dependent on how genuine they believe your interest to be.

Comment

Just respond to gumtree adverts and spend an afternoon thrashing other's bikes. Then when you return it, um and ah and say, "Yeah, nah mate, thanks for letting me look but I'll pass".
          Originally posted by Abuse this
          Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mekon View Post
            Just respond to gumtree adverts and spend an afternoon thrashing other's bikes. Then when you return it, um and ah and say, "Yeah, nah mate, thanks for letting me look but I'll pass".
            Tell em they're dreaming and knock a couple of k off the asking price.
            You'll probably end up with a real bargain that you weren't even looking for

Comment

It's relatively easy to test ride at a shop if you are actually earnest about wanting to buy.

I'd say, I need to test ride and R1, GSXR1000 and S1000RR before I can make up my mind which I want to drop my hard earned on, hard to argue with that.
              Originally posted by boeman
              Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
              Originally posted by Chuck Steak
              Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Just walk up and down the bikes at the bike shop until you find one with a key in, that's the demo bike, just jump on and go...

If you can outrun the red and blue lights and make it back from your test ride in one piece then you have bonded sufficiently with the machine that it is the one you should buy...

If you don't make it back in one piece then at least they won't have any records of who took the bike...

YMMV
                Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Mates ?
                  Aside from that go get an Instructer ad there bike, pass your big bike test , then all tooled up with your shiney licence and a fist full of dollars ( at least a willingness to sign the Loan papers) talk the talk .
                  ride everything you can.
                  take notes.

your OP dose Come across as naive , the CBR 600 and R1 are hugely different machines.
                  Don't be shy to check out the Chixers , oh god I will say it , check the ZX range also.
                  after all , we don't judge on sexuality any more these days.
                  REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                  (anarchy in english )

Comment

Should I buy a CBR600RR or an R1?

Ok seriously, if they won't let you test drive then that shop doesn't want your business. I've never had any issue test driving any motorcycles even when I was on my L's. It's probably just the way you approached the sales guy. They even shadowed me for the test drive. Just tell them you're not going to know what to get until you've test ridden all the bikes. If they still won't let you test ride. Just walk out.

Comment

Guy down the road is a bit of a twat. Use his. Just don't let him see you though...
                      How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie View Post
                        I'd say, I need to test ride and R1, GSXR1000 and S1000RR before I can make up my mind which I want to drop my hard earned on, hard to argue with that.
                        enjoy your new S1000RR
                        Originally posted by Rich...
                        You got me in trouble...

Comment

doesnt sound odd, pretty standard genY question. "...i wANt to ride superbike nOW can't find anyone to let me 'coz no license please PLEASE pleASe PlEaSE let me ride oNE now!"

thats the way it sounds to me anyway. advice? get your license first.

other options-

just go and buy one and ride it around without a license.

ask your mates to ride their bikes. another word of advice though, its pretty poor form to ask to ride another persons bike- rides are offered not asked for and that is even more true when someone doesnt have a license.
                          Originally posted by Bendito
                          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

If you arent sure you want a sports bike, then you probably dont...........
                            Nuke em till they glow, then shoot em in the dark!!!

Comment

yeah i say go do a few lessons and get your license first.

i will vouch for five star yamaha they are nice ppl and are willing to let you test ride (so long as its not too busy and it always helps to have your license already)

Comment

Working...
                              X