Flat spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat spot

I have an 07 R6 just picked up a few weeks ago. I have noticed a major flat spot between 4000 & 6000rpm. I know sports bikes aren't designed to spend a lot of time in that rev range but it's really annoying. If you take of hard you only notice it for a second but if you take of as if there's a cop behind you or as you would if you had your nan on the back it seams your stuck in this flat spot forever. The bike takes off fine and starts to pull until you hit 4000rpm and then it's as if you've backed right of the throttle to the point that it shifts your weight forward, the revs will climb but there will be now power until 6000rpm then it will start to pull again. The only mods are a bmc air filter that I have cleaned, a slip on, and -1 +2 sprockets. I can ride around it no worries but it's annoying because I know it's there. What would cause this flat spot and how do I fix it? Power commander maybe?
    I know i cant spell, please don't feel the need to correct me

Cause- emissions/ noise test rev range.
    Fix- PC or flash your ECU. I would flash.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Just dont ride it below 6000rpm.

Comment

If your taking off hard you shouldn't be below 6k
        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos-incarnate View Post
          Cause- emissions/ noise test rev range.
          Fix- PC or flash your ECU. I would flash.
          I have found a phew places that do exchange flash tuned Ecu's but they're all over seas. Is their anyone in Aus? Will a power commander fix the flat spot?
          Last edited by Conrad; 08-10-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I did find this plug that does not look factory. Could this have something to do with it?

Comment

Exhaust servo & butterfly removed?

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                Exhaust servo & butterfly removed?
                It would seem so!
                I can't see a servo or cables anywhere

Comment

I think that one is sidestand switch...
                  Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                    I think that one is sidestand switch...
                    I think your right, just tested it and the bike moves in gear with stand down. Previous owner must have bypassed the switch for some reason.

I found the exhaust servo switch and the cables have been removed and their is no valve in the exhaust. Would this cause the flat spot?

think I need this:
                    https://www.motomummy.com/electronic...exup-emulator/
                    Last edited by Conrad; 08-10-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

It could be part of the problem. The R6's are pretty tame down low though, and don't really start getting angry until 10k... Generally its fixed by changing gearing, as well as getting it properly tuned.

Originally posted by Conrad View Post
                      I think your right, just tested it and the bike moves in gear with stand down. Previous owner must have bypassed the switch for some reason.

I found the exhaust servo switch and the cables have been removed and their is no valve in the exhaust. Would this cause the flat spot?
                      Sponsored by:

Comment

I have ridden other r6's and felt nothing like this. I think I will try the ex up emulator and if that doesn't fix it find someone to tune or get a flash tuned Ecu. Any suggestions where to go?

Comment

We could flash your ECU, but I'd still suggest that you get it tuned as well...
                          Sponsored by:

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                            We could flash your ECU, but I'd still suggest that you get it tuned as well...
                            Sounds good. Where do I need to take it and how much will a flash tune set me back?

Comment

The 2006-2007 R6 has a flat spot between 0 and 10,000 rpm.

But yeah, maybe dealer can check ECU fault code?

edit:
                              emissions test range is at 30-something percent of max rpm, so that would be around-about the right place.

Also, side-stand switch bypass = ex-track bike? Can see of no other reason why one would do that.
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X