Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero M/C

ZERO MOTORCYCLES – The Electric Motorcycle Company - Official Site
    Trying to imagine police on these bikes.
    Have a good one.

Just cause they can sneak up on ya doesn't mean they can catch ya

It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Originally posted by vosHonda View Post
      What is so bad about it? They can go for 135miles (220km) - about the same as many sportsbikes beofre needing a recharge, and the batteries can just be swapped out (at a police station for example). They cost buggerall to run and have less maintenance required to run.

Comment

If there was a Zerio dealer in Perth I would seriously consider one as my next bike.

I would prefer a Brammo Empulse though, they have a proper 6 speed gearbox rather than direct drive.
        Originally posted by Desmo
        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
          If there was a Zerio dealer in Perth I would seriously consider one as my next bike.

I would prefer a Brammo Empulse though, they have a proper 6 speed gearbox rather than direct drive.
          I would commute on an electric bike in a heartbeat, if they were competitively priced compared to other options... buuuuut we're not quite there yet.

Soon my pretty, soon.
          such comment
          wow
          many post

Comment

Yes please

Comment

Don't electric vehicles have buckets of torque? Potential wheelie machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post

The reviews i read seem to say a gearbox on an electric motor isnt really a great match.. But thats probably another thread for another day. I would definately have an electric bike, as long as it looked cool. Theres a vid around of an electric traillie doing stunts thru the streets.. That was cool!
                'Tis easier to ask forgiveness, than it is to get permission..

Comment

Able to travel 126 mi (city), or 76 mi (highway), on a single charge, the Zero DS has fantastic range and performance. Using a new optional accessory, the Zero DS can be charged to 95% at charging stations in an hour or less.
                  ^cool

its curious the city milage is better than open road.. is that because electric is more efficient in stop start? if so thats a huge benefit of running electric drive anything for city commuting that ive never heard of before.

54 hp
                  95 mph
                  280,000+ Mi Life
                  When slowing down, the motor generates electricity that is channeled back into the power pack to help extend ride times.
                  maintenance-free belt system
                  some back of smoke pack running cost calcs

it makes about 40kW

assume it uses 20kW to do 100km/h, for 1h thats 100km and 20kWh

price per kWh ~$0.25, so thats about $5 worth of electricity to do 100km

compared to a conventional bike thats good for 5L/100km at $1.6/L ~$8 worth of petrol per 100km
                  Last edited by g0zer; 08-10-2013, 02:33 PM.
                  Originally posted by Bendito
                  If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

yeah not quite like that Gozer - Lets say 150km range, 8.5kWhr battery pack = $2.125 per 150km or $1.41per 100km.

Even at 100km range it is still $2.125 per charge - or about the equivalent of 1.2L of premium fuel...

Comment

i didnt bother to look at the battery capacity, but now you mention it the range must be overstated if its only a 8.5kWh pack or hypermiling to get those highway results (not running it at highway speed limits).

i just assume the difference in city to country milage is purely a wind resistance thing, if its top speed is 160km/h with 40kW.. then back calculate the exp wind function gives about 20kW for 80km/h rounded up due to drivetrain/electrical losses/inefficiencies.
                      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Might be a higher rpm = less efficient electric motor issue. Wind resistance should really make a decent dent until you start going above 120km/hr.

Comment

If it didn't cost the equivilent of a large house deposit i'd have one as soon as i could.
                          Originally posted by CBRsairz
                          assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                            Might be a higher rpm = less efficient electric motor issue. Wind resistance should really make a decent dent until you start going above 120km/hr.
                            true what do those 150cc 4T's put out ~10kW? i suppose they are good for about 120km/h. in any event for city commuting they sound pretty awesome from running costs with enough mumbo to easily run at freeway speeds. maybe we will be seeing electric scoots on the roads sooner rather than later.

Comment

Having seen the Zero TT at IOM they have a long way to go.
                              Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Working...
                              X