Triumph 2013 675 & 675R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph 2013 675 & 675R

OK, i've got ages to wait until i can go for my R but... was looking at the 2013 triumph 675 and 675R, i've seen a lot of good reviews for it but i want to know if anyone has any experience with one? and their thoughts on it! they've made a lot of changes from the previous model and the reviews are saying it's a fantastic bike but just wanting to get some opinions!

[MENTION=29534]Dirty32[/MENTION]

Comment

Yeah... Ta!

I have one, got it in March / April. I love it and do think it happens to be a fantastic bike!
      Not sure what else to say...

I didnt really get to do any extensive riding on a <12, before getting on the 13 so it is hard to say comparitively what impacts the improvements have made over the older model. Had one or 2 short test rides on a dealer demo and @Mr. Bean was nice enough to let me take his R for a little spin, but that was it really.

In reviews, quite a lot say the new model is an improvement on the outgoing model. Slightly friendlier ergo's & suspension valving, a smidge lighter and a touch more power, revs harder etc. Weight distribution is somewhat different (lower)... For me, It's relatively easy to work on if that's your thing, although the new model's ECU is locked (for now - not supported by TuneECU like the older model).

Nevertheless, wanting the R somewhat limited my choice at the end of last year... There were no 12 R's in stock at any WA dealer, second hand ones were less than $2k from the new price. The new model was priced at the same price as the outgoing model, and I could afford to wait (although it was a bit painful and I missed some good summer riding, I didnt need it for commute or anything). Not sure what local stock levels are like now either, but might take a couple months to order in whatever you want (seen a couple standards on dealer floors, but no R's).

[MENTION=27776]Chaderotti[/MENTION] has the standard 13 and uses his daily / puts more km's on his... Maybe he can chime in with his thoughts?

Can tee up a time over the next couple months for you to take a look if you want...?

Comment

I have the st3. It does everything well, I use it for commuting, city/country cruises and track days. Every time I ride it I love it more. The only performance mod it has is a quick shifter, which is essential in my opinion.
        Just go to JCS, they have the 2014 models in stock both st3 and str and test ride.

Comment

yeah the quick shifter and ABS and slipon are all factory options (not sure if they've just moved the ABS over to fitted as standard now) hmmmmmm.... well i've got a long wait (half a year at least before i start looking to buy) but it caught my eye recently... i heard of a few people saying don't buy triumph but never found out why...

Comment

I spent 4 months looking for a bike and test rode many including Hasqvarna nuda, z1000, bandit 1250s. When I rode the triumph I found it was the right bike for me. I love the way it communicates everything to me well, how light it feels and tips in, the linear power delivery, how everything works so smoothly and feels more refined than any bike I test rode. It is a bike which is easy to ride fast and slow. The only fault I have found with it is that the front gets a bit light on the quick country runs with bumpy roads, but on smooth roads/track it's planted.
            It has enough power but if you feel you need more go something like a MV brutale 800 or Aprilia Tuono(which weighs the same but has 60hp more and the electronics package).
            Make up your own mind, do your research and test ride. What I or anyone else says is just a biased personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderPants View Post
              i heard of a few people saying don't buy triumph but never found out why...
              I assume because they're broken, soulless people who hate riding nice bikes.

They're probably Kawasaki owners.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
                I assume because they're broken, soulless people who hate riding nice bikes.

They're probably Kawasaki owners.
                This ^

They probably also hate wheelies, good build quality and reliability.
                Originally posted by Desmo
                Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Are you talking Daytona's or Street Triples here?
                  I figured it was the Daytona you were keen on, but reading back it isnt quite so clear.

For me - in an ideal world (Dreamin!), id kit my Daytona 675R in track trim and buy a Street Triple R for road duties.
                  Both tops bikes though!

Comment

OP is talking Daytonas but Striples are absolutely insane fun. Nothing in the naked class comes close to the poise and handling they posess.

A few have caught up in the power stakes (Z800, FZ8 & GSR800) but they still lag behind with heavy steel chassis' and budget suspension.
                    Last edited by Commander Keen; 09-10-2013, 05:47 PM.
                    Originally posted by Desmo
                    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Daytona's that's what i'm interested in... i was reading about 4-5 MCNA mags last night (doing some catch up reading) and saw a review of one, they raved about it, and i really like the look of it too!

Comment

Have a 2006 Daytona 675 that's going on 70,000+ km's on the motor and still going strong.
                        :stupid:

Comment

Originally posted by WonderPants View Post
                          Daytona's that's what i'm interested in... i was reading about 4-5 MCNA mags last night (doing some catch up reading) and saw a review of one, they raved about it, and i really like the look of it too!
                          Got ya...!

As I said earlier, we'll tee something up over the next couple months and you cant take a look at mine.
                          I dont live far away from you.

Comment

Hey mate,

I use mine daily. Bought mine June/July and am nearing 7,000 km. Some days I've gone through almost a full tank of petrol and the only nit pick would be my palms are a teensy bit sore, but of course that comes down to my posture. In saying that, I'm about 186 cm and I find the Daytona much more comfortable than the Ninja 250

The bike is absolutely sublime. It handles and tips into corners better than the Ninja. I've ridden the other Japanese bikes and they felt like battle ships comparatively.

As for every day riding, I do about 60 km a day and to be honest I look forward to it. Droning on the freeway does become boring but little twists of the throttle to bring out that UNREAL induction sound always gives me a shit eating grin

As for longevity and reliability of the new '13 engine, we'll have to see. When my engine goes pop (hopefully into the 6 digits ), I'm putting in a new engine.

I honestly can't talk more highly enough of the '13 Daytona. As for the feel between the '12 and the '13, the '12 is a bit more aggressive posture wise and bit more tiring.

As Dirty32 said, if you want to look at the R and standard edition side by side, more than happy to tee up a time.

Comment

they are addictive
                              that is all
                              q
                              bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
                              -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
                              __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X