Aussie Made Bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Made Bike?

Just kicking back, pondering stuff, to much idle time, mulling over we have no wheels to call our own. Jap , German, Italian, American, Austrian, Chinese, Russian, English ahh but yeah s#@t no Aussie bike. Could be wrong, no idea, ever built our own motorcycles????? read too much about the little Italian firms becoming big. Big ideas wishin I could start building or at least ride a bloody motorcycle with the aussie symbol adorning it. Q. What would it be - fire breathing or would I just ride it cause it was aussie even if it wasn't? cruiser, superbike, sport-t , muscle bike or small to mid range featherweight. hmmm? . Anybody think the same? Would you give your left gonad to ride one?
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Bennett & Barkell
    Waratah

Comment

Why not? Hell we subsidize the two big car manufacturers, why not have a bike industry and subsidize it as well.

Comment

This almost happened. It was mostly just a tad too ambitious for such a small firm.
        It would have been nice if it got off the ground though.
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Or if you have a big enough account, you can buy something from these guys:
          Irving Vincent, Motorcycles, Australian Motorbikes, Daytona Bikes, Vintage Bikes, Motorbike Racing - Irving Vincent Motorcycles
          Can you help with foster care?
          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Would be hard to beat this guy from across the ditch...

Britten Motorcycle Company

Comment

We have had small volume manufacturers who use somebody else's engines in their own frame design.

eg. Vee Two who manufactured the Alchemy and Super Squalo (they're Perth based too, can't beat that)

For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Alchemy Ducati Australia Vee Two Brook Henry

Comment

Not my thing, but...

Barbarian V8 Motorcycles
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                    We have had small volume manufacturers who use somebody else's engines in their own frame design.

eg. Vee Two who manufactured the Alchemy and Super Squalo (they're Perth based too, can't beat that)
                    Dam beaten like a teen boys ????
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

If only there was something Australian made that wasn't as ugly as an arsehole full of hats...
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Waratah motorcycles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Waratah motorcycles were manufactured in Sydney, Australia, from before 1911 to around 1948, although Waratah badged motorcycles were sold into the 1950s.

They were Australia's longest running motorcycle manufacturer. However little information seems to have survived, presumably because these were low-value utility machines.
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

I work with Maurice Wesson, grandson of Maurice Thomas George Wesson of Wesson Motorcycles, produced in the 20's in Cohuna, Victoria and patented a triangulated swingarm with leaf spring suspension, and girder front end, also with leaf spring.

Unfortunatly, World War 1 intervened, and post war was not conducent to starting a fledgling manufacturing company in Australia. Some English motorcycle builders took some interest, but post war technology soon surpassed the bike and capacity of the small Australian manufacturer resulting in the company folding.

Its listed at the bottome of over 100 Australian manufacturers here...
                          Australian Motorcycles

It is somewhat distressing that there is very little information on Australian motorcycle history available.
                          It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            If only there was something Australian made that wasn't as ugly as an arsehole full of hats...
                            This^^ Most of those shown in pics above make me start to think the Busa aint that ugly
                            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I'd like a Drysdale, just for the sound

S.
                              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Working...
                              X