First accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First accident

It's been just over a year since I got my RE license and I now know how it feels to come off my bike. On my way home today a little black dog ran out in front of me. As I saw the dog run out, I applied the brakes but I knew that the dog was running too fast and I wouldn’t have time to stop or avoid it and am sorry to say that I ran over it. I lost balance and ended up coming off, sliding and then rolling a couple of times to a stop. The bike ended up a good 15m or so down the road. I haven't seen the damage yet because the people who came to help sat me down and the ambos took me away. I don't know how the dog is, its owners took it to the vet pretty much immediately but I don't think it made it...

[MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION], now is the time for you to say I told you so. I wasn't wearing all my gear so in a bit more pain than I should be, but I learnt my lesson the hard way >_<
    Last edited by chibi; 15-10-2013, 10:51 AM.

heal up fast foodie n rover
    faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

Cool story bro. Are you looking for sympathy or something? Nothing wrong with keeping an off limited to your family and friends. There's really no need to list your perceived inadequacies as a rider for strangers on the internet.
      Last edited by Speed Dealer; 14-10-2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I've had a dog run out of nowhere (what the fug are they doing loose and off a lead?) and I was lucky to miss it - it was pure timing and luck that I missed it (or rather it missed me) as I had no time to react. Same with a bunny out in the sticks at night - no chance.

The take home message is wear your gear! Heal up and get back on the pony.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
          Cool story bro. Are you looking for sympathy or something?
          *squint*

Comment

so you met the owners then?

go pay them a visit, and make sure they pay your insurance excess or cover the repairs to your bike and gear.
            The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Sorry to hear ILF. Hope you're ok and the ninja isn't too banged up.
              I've got a Blade, I'm not afraid...

CBR1000RR - 171HP|114Nm|Yoshi CF Slipon WRX STI - 266HP|399Nm|Ultrex 3"TBE|PW CAI

Comment

Cool story bro. Are you looking for sympathy or something? Nothing wrong with keeping an off limited to your family and friends. There's really no need to list your perceived inadequacies as a rider for strangers on the internet.
                uncalled for mate.

Take it easy.

Comment

I'm fucking retarded.
                  have you been drinking or something? Your inane comments are not helpful.

Show some compassion or GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Br3ndan View Post
                    uncalled for mate.

Take it easy.
                    There's been an increase in noob riders posting about their offs lately. Why? I know many PSBers who've come off in the last year and not one has felt the need to make it public.

Comment

There's been an increase in noob riders posting about their offs lately. Why? I know many PSBers who've come off in the last year and not one has felt the need to make it public.
                      There's been an increase in knobs on PSB lately too...

Comment

Originally posted by ilovefood View Post
                        On my way home today a little black dog ran out in front of me.
                        I didn't find anything in the post that was screaming out for sympathy or tears.The post was factual and to the point.

With the accident damage, you do realise that the owner(s) of the dog are liable for this?

Don't make an insurance claim yet. Get a quote from potato and then go see the dog owner.

They won't be wildly pleased, but it's their own stupid fault for letting the dog loose out the front. Either they pay you or Potato directly, or they end up paying the insurance company. Either way, the dog owner is liable. Harsh reality.

If the owner agrees to pay you or Potato the full amount straight away then you don't have to have this on your insurance record. If they won't pay then make a claim, but make it clear that it was the fault of the dog.

Meanwhile, condolences about your crash.

Dammit, now that I've been nice to someone I need to go find some kittens and babies to kill...
                        Last edited by Phildo; 15-10-2013, 04:33 AM.
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Yeah, WTF?
                          OT, hope you're not too banged up. Sometimes you run into situations that no matter how many times you replay them in your head, the outcome will remain the same.
                          As Kristy said, people really need to be more vigilant when it comes to securing their pets.
                          Can you help with foster care?
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

I always enjoy a story that involves a black dog
                            Are any of your injuries serious or are you just banged up a bit.
                            Time to heal up and look for a nice shiny new bike with that insurance pay out. The second bit is a lot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                              I didn't find anything in his post that was screaming out for sympathy or tears. His post was factual and to the point.
                              Granted, but I'm interested to know why he told us?

Comment

Working...
                              X