Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed traps

Vic launches hidden mobile speed traps

it's just a matter of time before it ALL ends up here folks....

They already do over here...

Rear facers are often hidden behind bushes...

Comment

The sky is falling!

Comment

I was more interested that they have removed the DOWNHILL clause, before if your vehicle naturally gathered speed downhill you were given a slight "benefit of doubt" but now it seems it's total open season, plus no warning of where the speed camera's are! i'm not too fussed, i never looked for them anyway, just thought i'd pass the news on!

Comment

inb4hype
          NEW MOBILE SPEED CAMERA RULE

Still bans the deliberate disguising of cameras but a new clause has been added stating: "This does not preclude mobile road safety camera operators from utilising roadside vegetation or fixtures such as posts or signs in order to mitigate the risk of Occupational Health and Safety incidents being initiated by other road users."
          source:No Cookies | Herald Sun
          Originally posted by Rich...
          You got me in trouble...

Comment

"This does not preclude mobile road safety camera operators from utilising roadside vegetation or fixtures such as posts or signs in order to mitigate the risk of Occupational Health and Safety incidents being initiated by other road users." <<<<<<

They have to hide behind trees so drivers don't run them over or throw things at them ???
            What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Originally posted by WonderPants View Post
              I was more interested that they have removed the DOWNHILL clause, before if your vehicle naturally gathered speed downhill you were given a slight "benefit of doubt" but now it seems it's total open season, plus no warning of where the speed camera's are! i'm not too fussed, i never looked for them anyway, just thought i'd pass the news on!
              If you can't control your speed on a hill you shouldn't be operating a vehicle.
              Originally posted by Desmo
              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                "This does not preclude mobile road safety camera operators from utilising roadside vegetation or fixtures such as posts or signs in order to mitigate the risk of Occupational Health and Safety incidents being initiated by other road users." <<<<<<

They have to hide behind trees so drivers don't run them over or throw things at them ???
                If the operators working environment is so dangerous, hiding will not fix the problem.

Remove them off the street and that fixes the OHS issue and 'the problem'.

Put more police on the road and that just may drive people to observe ALL the road rules a little better, the system relying on Speed Cameras as some sort of driver behaviour enforcement tool just doesn't work.

I started driving in 1979 and yes, we got pinged by coppers in cars, we whinged about it but our lesson was learnt on the spot; we then got on with life and was just that bit more careful on the road.

The introduction of cameras and getting an infringement notice in the post two weeks after the fact is far too late for me to have amended my driving habits plus I and many others resent this type of traffic enforcement by faceless men in vans and photo processing facilities.

Give me some face to face and I may just sit up and take notice of the copper who is giving me a polite lecture and my ticket.

Comment

I'm sure the accident and death rate on dangerous roads will reduce upon this policy. Here Here Victorian Police.

Comment

Working...
                  X