Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speeding pictures with other vehicles and plate out of box

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speeding pictures with other vehicles and plate out of box

    I have managed to get two speeding tickets in quick succession, both of which were a little bit dodgy. The first had a vehicle in the oncoming lane in the speed measurement box and the second had both another vehicle in the speed measurement box and also my number plate outside of the square.

    Do I have even a shred of a case to contest them in court?





    Anyone who wants to suggest that I have "done the speeding so should cop the fine" can just fuck off and die.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys

  • #2
    you are thinking of the old days, when they used radar based multinova with wide beam angle which is why it was no good against multiple targets. its been mostly replaced by narrow beam laser based systems that can pick out individual vehicles.

    long story short i think you cannot base your defence on multiple vehicles in the image frame. i think that box on your plate is actually an artifact of the system its way of pointing the speeding vehicle out.

    anyway what have you got there.. +12 and +23.. not so bad thats what about $225 and 3pts?
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by g0zer View Post
      you are thinking of the old days, when they used radar based multinova with wide beam angle which is why it was no good against multiple targets. its been mostly replaced by narrow beam laser based systems that can pick out individual vehicles.
      I get that but I was under the impression that the manufacturers instructions (reflected in the usage regulations) were that the reading is only valid if there is no other vehicle in the measurement box and only if the entire number plate is in the box
      Not my circus, not my monkeys

      Comment


      • #4
        From what I have heard, with the new lasers if there is anything in the box other than your vehicle you have grounds to contest it.

        The lasers still use a detection box, it's just smaller than the Radar based units.

        Edit: Can't actually see the pictures..
        Last edited by Commander Keen; 15-10-2013, 03:48 PM.
        Originally posted by Desmo
        Why be a cunt about it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Top one yes you can contest bottom one I don't think so
          Originally posted by Rich...
          You got me in trouble...

          Comment


          • #6
            You're up the creek for the first one I'd say. If one of the vans tyres was in the box it's be the other way around.

            Second one is an easy one for you, the box doesn't fully encompass the plate OR tyre so you'll win that one. Good luck!

            Comment


            • #7
              1st one the vehicle is beside/behind you so i doubt it very much. 2nd one u got no chance it meets all the requirements from memory its only part of the numberplate that needs to be in the pic.
              15km over and a 25km over gonna be an expensive excersice good to see that ALG9 is paying of
              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

              Comment


              • #8
                [MENTION=39381]Shoota[/MENTION]

                Here's the manual.

                https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1e8...thkey=CMyr8sMH
                In sterquiliniis invenitur.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
                  [MENTION=39381]Shoota[/MENTION]

                  Here's the manual.

                  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1e8...thkey=CMyr8sMH
                  Thats giving me a 404 error
                  Not my circus, not my monkeys

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    worked for me
                    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SH00TA View Post
                      I get that but I was under the impression that the manufacturers instructions (reflected in the usage regulations) were that the reading is only valid if there is no other vehicle in the measurement box and only if the entire number plate is in the box
                      oh right, for some reason i was under the impression they also used video to complement the still image but ive never heard of anyone testing that.
                      Originally posted by Bendito
                      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        From the Poliscan Manual, Page 102 (http://www.restoreaustralia.org.au/f...eedCameras.pdf)

                        Figure 71 (Truck and Car in same box)

                        Not Valid as evidence photo - two vehicles on two lanes. There are parts of two vehicles visible within the template frame.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                          worked for me
                          It's the work network blocking googledocs, will have to download it tonight at home
                          Not my circus, not my monkeys

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If you're lucky you might get out of both.

                            2 vehicles visible in both templates.
                            In sterquiliniis invenitur.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Archie View Post
                              Second one is an easy one for you, the box doesn't fully encompass the plate OR tyre so you'll win that one. Good luck!
                              Why does it need to enclose the tyre (or the plate for that matter)?

                              Seems to me in both cases there are two moving vehicles within the box so it is possible the laser is bouncing off them and reading their speed. Although in the second case the vehicle is moving in the opposite direction.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X