Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spot welding

hey all

im building a subframe box for all my wiring and battery atm and i got 2 questions:

1 does anyone know if u can spot weld 0.4mm galv sheet without removing the galv coat?

2 if yes, does anyone have access to a spot welder? if no, does anyone have access to a spot welder so i can find out?

cheers
    NEVER KNOWS BEST

1 - yes it is possible but the interaction of the zinc in the coating generally results in lower weld quality and gums up the tips on the welder (not a huge issue of you only have a small job)

2 - nope, sorry

Comment

Pop rivets?

Comment

Carbon:

DIY carbon fibre laminating kit - Starter pack make your own carbon fibre parts - Carbon Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
          Pop rivets?
          yeah made the first one with rivets, just a bit limited for space where the battery box will sit in the tray, just exploring options

i remember using one in year 8 and thinking " wow everyone should have one of these"

cheers EPB for the info and that link
          NEVER KNOWS BEST

Comment

Carbon fibre is a bit finicky to master, especially on complex shapes. Let us know how you go with the box as I'm about to do something similar on my Cafe project.
            Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
            Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Working...
            X