Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perth to phillip island on a supersport

Anyone here done it?
    Enough legs in a bike similar to a 2010 gixxer 750 to make it?

i believe [MENTION=15584]inertia[/MENTION] done it on a R6 last year
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

paging [MENTION=6802]millsy[/MENTION]
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Fuck that.

But tops to people who have !
        2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
        2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
        2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
        2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
        2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
        2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

[MENTION=13444]lit[/MENTION] did some stupid distance on a 250 from memory.

Comment

About 3 years ago I went on a ride and there was a guy there who'd gone round Australia on one of those scooter things with two wheels at the front. I think they're about 300cc, and he was being pretty willing with it, but just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.
            www.hurtlegear.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by OMFG View Post
              Anyone here done it?
              Enough legs in a bike similar to a 2010 gixxer 750 to make it?
              They have enough legs providing you don't insist on sitting on 150 plus through all the boring bits. What's the biggest ride you have done before? You'll need more than three days.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I met a guy at scabs who'd travelled Australia on an R1. He'd been to Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns and was currently in Perth.

Can be done, just be prepared for a sore back, legs, wrists, ass etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                  They have enough legs providing you don't insist on sitting on 150 plus through all the boring bits. What's the biggest ride you have done before? You'll need more than three days.
                  Did Syd to Bris in a day on a 2007 CBR600RR then up to Airlie Beach the day after that. Having a back pack on turned out to be a painful mistake for the two weeks that followed Have tail bag now. Fuel stops are my biggest concern...

Comment

If you leave tomorrow morning you'll have to ride 1200km a day to make it by Sunday.

Comment

perth to phillip island on a supersport

You'd want to leave soon if you want to make it in time for the race!

I've got 300kms to go

Plenty of people tour long distance on supersports bikes. Not as comfy, but nothings comfortable after 1000km in a day... Just comes down to mind over matter, push through the cramps and just take plenty of breaks

Comment

Pussies-

IBA 100CCC Insanity - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

New cbr250 single,
                        Coast to Coast to Coast in less than 100hrs

Newcastle NSW to the beach in Perth AND back.
                        day 1 Newcastle- Ceduna, 2023kms
                        Total of 5 days
                        7911km
                        The whole ride done and dusted in 97 hours 57 minutes

He stopped in Scarborough for a couple hrs and turned around and belted it back to Newcastle.

Last edited by Aufitt; 16-10-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Paging [MENTION=6669]Rich...[/MENTION]

Its his favorite repetitive thread!

Comment

I haven't ridden over since 2008. At that time a couple of super sports joined our group and were carrying small fuel cans due to range issues between stations across the nullabour. So best do a bit of work on those calculations.

You may want to consider the ferry across the Spencer Gulf from Lucky Bay. Save time and may give you a well earned break

Good luck, you'll have a blast.

Comment

I haven't done anywhere near that far, but I've done 600-1000km a day a couple of times before.

2c: get some sort of luggage other than a backpack. Riding to Kalgoorlie with a backpack on the bike seemed all fine and dandy until about 200km in and my back got sore
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X