BMW R nineT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW R nineT

Thoughts? I like it. I'll take the single Akro setup.

BMW R nineT – 90 Years in the Making

Moto Guzzi Griso clone?

Comment

Now I'm not a fan of nakeds but fuck that is gorgeous. Love the double exhaust and those wire wheels.

And finally, a new naked with a front end that doesn't look like something out of District 9 or Transformers.
      Take note for your next striple Triumph!
      Last edited by truewheel; 17-10-2013, 02:11 AM.
      It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Nothing wrong with Transformers! But yeah it does look the sex. Wire wheels with the single swing arm looks sweet.

The stumpy tail version looks pretty agro too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazon View Post
          Moto Guzzi Griso clone?

You can even get one with wire wheels

In an interesting twist the Guzzi has more dealer support in WA.
          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Not for me. The BM looks like a parts bin copy of the Guzzi. If you want a bike with 'character' go Italian.

Comment

That's a handsome bike with some serious potential to be utterly gorgeous.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

Originally posted by TeaBee View Post
                Nothing wrong with Transformers!...
                No, but you know what I mean...those wannabe front ends are gonna look so outdated in a few years:

It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Interesting that the bike has almost been designed as a blank canvas, with the frame and many of the components lending themselves to modification.
                  Both BMW and Roland Sands will be selling lots of add on bits for these bikes, so the average owner will end up spending half as much again to get it how they wanted it in the first place.

Sounds like a very Harley or Ducati method of business to me, which love 'em or hate 'em, is a very successful business model.

Comment

I'm totally okay with it.

If I'm remembering correctly, the idea with this bike was that you could build it using a webpage, select the bits you did and didn't want, and it would be screwed together and delivered to your local dealer in the trim you requested.

Kind of like a Build-a-Bear workshop, except for something awesome. I love the idea of pulling up a page, selecting the bits I want and none of the bits I don't, and only paying for what I wanted in the first place.
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                      No, but you know what I mean...those wannabe front ends are gonna look so outdated in a few years:
                      Yeah true, I'm sure the praying mantis transformer head appeals to some though.. No offence to any z800 owners!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
                        If I'm remembering correctly, the idea with this bike was that you could build it using a webpage, select the bits you did and didn't want, and it would be screwed together and delivered to your local dealer in the trim you requested.
                        I didn't realise that was how they were planning to sell this, that's very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
                          I'm totally okay with it.

Kind of like a Build-a-Bear workshop, except for something awesome. I love the idea of pulling up a page, selecting the bits I want and none of the bits I don't, and only paying for what I wanted in the first place.
                          I remember hearing about this a couple of years ago. You could add fairings, rearsets, different exhausts, whatever.

This could get expensive..
                          Originally posted by Desmo
                          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyS View Post
                            I didn't realise that was how they were planning to sell this, that's very cool
                            I'm hoping so... I remember reading it in a magazine (AMCN I think?) back in 2010, so this sucker has been in the works a while.

I love the chop-and-change from factory approach, moreso than the HD model where everything off the floor sucks until you fork out an extra million bucks on parts.

Assuming BMW will only be billing you for what you select and not what you don't.
                            such comment
                            wow
                            many post

Comment

Originally posted by Neil-51 View Post
                              Not for me. The BM looks like a parts bin copy of the Guzzi. If you want a bike with 'character' go Italian.
                              I'd sooner bike the bike that "runs", BMW would win hands down. ^_^

I don't really like what's going on with the spaghetti frame from the rear, though Brembos and Ohlins appeal.

Comment

Working...
                              X