For anyone who's had their bike stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who's had their bike stolen

Maybe this will cool your blood a little bit.

Maybe it wont. Interesting video nevertheless.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=06f_1381668990

This might be the most intense video we have ever seen, which says a lot considering the recent events in NYC.
    Riding through traffic in Sمo Paulo on his Honda CB600F Hornet, this Brazilian motorcyclist gets a surprise as he merger
    into a new lane, as pair of hijackers pull-up next to him on another bike, grab for his handlebars, and demand to have his motorcycle at gunpoint.
    Offering no contest to the bikejackers and their desire for his motorcycle, the rest is all a bit shocking as it unfolds in the
    middle of the busy intersection. Catching everything with a helmet-mounted camera, we imagine this footage will end up as evidence in a Brazilian court,
    as an off-duty police officer jumps out of his car and fires two shots at one of the robbers.
    Dropping to the ground after being shot, the thief’s partner takes off on the getaway motorcycle. Police cars then arrive to sort out the situation, and deal with the assailant.
    From what we understand he survived his injuries. Nevertheless, what follows below may disturb some readers. In other news, who steals a motorcycle wearing sandals???
    How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Got what he deserved, we need something to deter the thieving pricks over here. It was all over the Diavel forum the other day. A few of the members from Brazil said the bike jackings happen over there quit a lot and they are always looking out for two people on a bike.

Comment

He deserved to die over a motorbike?
      ok

Comment

Says he survived his injuries. He also pulled a gun on the guy who's bike he was taking. He probably wouldn't have thought twice about shooting the guy if he resisted. We are so soft on this stuff there is no deterrent.
        Everyone to their own opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
          ok
          he made that choice...it wasnt his property...got what he deserved

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
            ok
            Let me see............ mmmmmm committing an Armed Robbery, confronted by police and shot by same.

I am really trying to see your point here....

Comment

Originally posted by dane_dude View Post
              Says he survived his injuries. He also pulled a gun on the guy who's bike he was taking. He probably wouldn't have thought twice about shooting the guy if he resisted. We are so soft on this stuff there is no deterrent.
              I'm apparently a bleeding heart civil libertarian bordering on anarchist and still agree, if he was willing to use or threaten lethal force to take something that wasn't his and terrorise the owner then he deserves some pain and suffering, death would be unfortunate but not undeserved.

I do not however place the value of property over that of human life so calls for the death penalty over opportunistic or even planned theft of a bike without actual harm or threat to the owner are something I disagree with.
              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Oh well.

Pulled a gun, threatened someone's life with it, took something that didn't belong to him.

Yeah he deserved it without a doubt, if I was the cop and had the power to as he obviously does in Brazil I would of thought about shooting him too.
                2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Nobody's calling for the death penalty but in his situation I think the outcome was in line with what he was doing. Perhaps the civil libertarians can come up with a deterrent to stop the thieving pricks from taking our property that we work hard for. God knows the courts don't do much more than slap them on the wrist then let them back out to do it all again.

Comment

An eye for an eye and I'm sure as shit if the guy didn't didn't give his bike up straight away he would have been shot so what's the difference ?

Instant fuckin karma
                    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Got what he deserved, we need something to deter the thieving pricks over here...
                      We are so soft on this stuff there is no deterrent.
                      Originally posted by ritza View Post
                      he made that choice...it wasnt his property...got what he deserved
                      FFS this is sounding like a Yank forum site.

The cop shot him without warning. Given how much we all complain about WAPOL on here as it is, are you actually advocating our police now adopt such measures?

He's just a kid. It's just a bike. Get some fucking perspective.
                      It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

It was also just a gun he held at the riders head. Slightly different if he hadn't done that

Comment

I'm not sure what to think here, I was horrified with the full video on liveleak. I place myself in the victim's shoes and wonder how I would've felt having a handgun pointed in my face. Doesn't take much to fark up there...!

Having said that, I wouldn't have left him lying on the ground like that - scum that he is, patch him up and allow the courts to deal with it. Hard ass 1 minute, very vulnerable the next - that's perspective enough for me

Comment

AFAIK the attempted thief died..
                            Intenta robar moto y policيa le dispara

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                            FFS this is sounding like a Yank forum site.
                            Originally posted by truewheel View Post

The cop shot him without warning. Given how much we all complain about WAPOL on here as it is, are you actually advocating our police now adopt such measures?

He's just a kid. It's just a bike. Get some fucking perspective.

You do realise, America, Australia, Brazil, in fact most places the outcome would of been the same. He pointed his gun at a policeman, that's grounds to shoot pretty much everywhere.. He didn't get shot for the bike-jacking, he was shot because he pointed his gun at the cop.
                            Correction: Thought it was the gun in his left hand, however you can see him reaching for the gun a second before the cop shoots.
                            Last edited by Wedge; 17-10-2013, 10:54 PM.
                            :stupid:

Comment

No sympathy for the robber, he knew what he was getting himself into. Pulling a stunt like that in a city like that, what less could he expect?

Comment

Working...
                              X