X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is chain maintenance important?

I'd say yes.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBZWjwH...3DxBZWjwHgveY#

yep picked up quite a few bikes with the chain wrapped around the swingarm and axle, majority were hyosung 250s so either a common problem with the bike or a common problem with lack of maintenance and noobs.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      yep picked up quite a few bikes with the chain wrapped around the swingarm and axle, majority were hyosung 250s so either a common problem with the bike or a common problem with lack of maintenance and noobs.
      Is say probably the latter.

Comment

Doesn't look like the chain actually locked up the rear to me.. Anyone else see that?

Def a good example of why chain maintenance is so important though, but knowing how to stop your bike I'm an emergency is even more important!

Comment

A lot of comments from noobs saying that the wheel locked up because he applied the rear brake while the wheel was no longer driven. I reckon the chain just got caught up on one of the sprocket nuts.
          -

Comment

It's off at the 1.19 mark. Think he raises his hand because he has no drive then hits the rear Brake.

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
              Doesn't look like the chain actually locked up the rear to me.. Anyone else see that?

Def a good example of why chain maintenance is so important though, but knowing how to stop your bike I'm an emergency is even more important!
              without any drive to the rear the rear brake would have locked up more easily.

i was just citing examples i've picked up out of ditches and/or taken for repairs or repaired myself.

Originally posted by agrid View Post
              A lot of comments from noobs saying that the wheel locked up because he applied the rear brake while the wheel was no longer driven. I reckon the chain just got caught up on one of the sprocket nuts.

i is noob? seemed a logical conclusion to me
              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

The Snake strikes again. I'll be out there again in a couple of months, on a Multistrada hopefully.
                -

Comment

Yeah my comment wasn't in reply to you (actually hadn't seen any other comments before I hit send) was more thinking out loud and sanity checking what I saw.

That theory of rear brakes locking up easier when there's no drive makes sense..

Comment

I don't think so, we all apply rear brake with the clutch pulled in occasionally and don't end up disintegrating like that bloke did.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the comments I was talking about are the ones in YouTube. Not me esteemed PSB colleagues.
                    -

Comment

chain is visible the hole time. never gets pulled up away from the road as would happen if it caught on the sprocket.

rider error.

besides, remember getting bike chains caught on the rear sprocket? they never just fell out again. had to push, pull, poke and prod that sucker loose, but this bike got wheeled away.
                      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Fuck with your chain tensioning and you can fuck your gearbox.

I'm guessing you know what to do. Chain adjustment is No # 1 and vary from how it performs.

That is, how your bike feels to you.
                        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Being a nOob is dangerous
                          Mmm Kay
                          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                          (anarchy in english )

Comment

never mind all that. Where is that chick going

Comment

Originally posted by Just*Managing View Post
                              never mind all that. Where is that chick going
                              Chicks dig scars ,

She is just keen that all.