Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police are handing out free motorcycle alarms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police are handing out free motorcycle alarms?

Interesting article on the police reaction to the rise in theft rates of motorcycles and scooters.

WA is Australia's hotspot for motorcycle and scooter thefts after a 50 per cent rise last financial year, which has prompted police to offer owners free alarms.
    As well as handing out alarms provided by the council, police will check more engine and chassis numbers.
    WA leads motorbike theft spike - The West Australian

...Is anyone else thinking of the episode of The Simpsons where Chief Wiggum has people with fines/convictions attend Police Headquarters to collect the boat they've supposedly won?
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

And does anyone know where I can pick up my free alarms from?
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

That article is suspiciously short on detail of where to collect said free alarms....... I'd be interested to see what they are offering.

It's a good idea imo...... way too much bike theft here.

Comment

Cant wait to get stopped by the cops and handed a free alarm,

do we have to break a law to get pulled over and given a free alarm? or will they just use the loud speaker and say hey pull over and take your free alarm ,,,or else.
        National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

if it's true, I'm in!

definitely thought of that simpsons episode...
          Originally posted by boeman
          Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
          Originally posted by Chuck Steak
          Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Belmont Council did have free scooter alarms a while ago, but nothing for motorcycles.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Probably a bit like this.

Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

such comment
                wow
                many post

Comment

Maybe the police will have ample supplies of these free alarms on the Motorcycle and scooter stand! next weekend!!

Comment

Maybe call your local council instead, if that's who's originally supplying them?

Comment

Come to WAPOL and get your free motorcycle alarm!*

*Alarm may include GPS tracker for automated issuing of speed-related traffic infringement notices.
                      "Who the hell steals a Ninja 250?"
                      "People who enjoy the rush of theft but dislike the rush of speed..."

Comment

Police handed few to us at curtin university and its Shi*****... Its a bicycle alarm and not motorcycle/scooter. the alarm worth 5 Bucks

Bike/Scooter Alarm

Comment

^^^ yup *sigh* there is no such thing as a free lunch ..........
                          yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

should read "POLICE hand out free red and yellow stickers"

Comment

Be alert not alarmed..............

I'll get me coat..

Comment

Working...
                              X