Car crashes are no fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car crashes are no fun

I've come off bikes on track and on road a few times over the years. But I bought an old bomb for a few hundred bucks whilst my Ducati is out of action and an old bid decided STOP signs don't mean what they say. Thank Christ I wasn't on my bike ...

ouch, a bit of luck in several instances, i take it you walked away?
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

THAT kind of damage to a kingswood??????

How fkn quick were they going??? & what were they driving, a fuckin tank??????

Comment

WTF. So not cool. Good to see your ok.
        Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

Comment

Pickle me grandmother, not the Kingswood !!

someone should blow those stop signs up

shame looks like it was a nice straight one, hope your ok
          I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Originally posted by sporti View Post

How fkn quick were they going??? & what were they driving, a fuckin tank??????
            second this!
            Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed
            So it seems there IS a command file code in windows/microsoft updater that pings small lines of to-fro data.. like a cookie to allow/refresh 'critical updates'
            It also serves as a portal for clever code writers to embed 'dormant till pinged'.....ransomware...I love tech....amidointhisrite..?

Fess up who hacked GSX's account? This post was perfectly readable in every way

Comment

Bit of Turtle wax and the old Kinga will be good as new.
              Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Looks like it just came off the production line Glad you got out OK :o
                Oh and car crashes are still better than bike crashes
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Holy crap that is one bent up car, I hope either the state or herself or both re-evaluate whether she can stay on the road after that.
                  Originally posted by boeman
                  Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                  Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                  Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Sorry about your cool car, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by sporti View Post
                      Side impact protection wasn't a selling point on cars designed and built in the 60s and 70s.
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                        Side impact protection wasn't a selling point on cars designed and built in the 60s and 70s.
                        As it was expected, not an added extra. booyaaaaa.
                        Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          That's a fair point you have, though given the material Holdens were made of at that time, that's still a fairly decent hit

Comment

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                            As it was expected, not an added extra. booyaaaaa.

Nah, not exactly. The whole "old cars were tanks" thing is a bit of a misnomer.

Modern cars get a lot more damage concentrated in a particular area (in the crumple zones) - the actual passenger cell is MUCH stronger these days.
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Nup, it still will never be a kinga!

If the tyre wasn't flat , you could still drive that thing around for another 5000 years. [or it rusted out the instrument panel. ]

Comment

Working...
                              X