Good news on bike insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news on bike insurance.

I thought this was worth sharing as I looked everywhere but couldn't find any comments on bike insurance.

My bike and the old mans were both due for renewal, we got some online quotes but everyone seemed to be $500+, and that was a cheap quote! I was originally insured with Swann and my renewal for fully comp was $400.05 so after putting in the leg work and not coming up with anything cheaper, I decided to stick with Swann but wanted to see if we could insure both together.

After speaking to a very funny young lad called Jacob, to cut a long story short, I reinsured 2 Bandit 1250's fully comp with helmet cover up to $1000 each (thought this was prudent as we've both just purchased brand new lids at just over $700 each!) for the remarkable price of $508.

When I first insured my bike nearly three years ago it was $565 just for mine. I asked how come so cheap? He said, firstly WA get a discount, bonus! But also that they want to become the leading bike insurer and to do so they are trying to keep cost down for the consumer.

So there it is, if you're looking to insure/reinsure I highly recommend Swann.

Originally posted by GlitaFX View Post
    I looked everywhere but couldn't find any comments on bike insurance.
    I do not believe this for one second.

Congrats though. That was a really cool story..

bro.

Comment

GSXR1000, 26, no claims, top no coverage bonus, best quote i get with home/contents/car package is $1463.00. enjoy your discount
      Originally posted by Rich...
      You got me in trouble...

Comment

Thats the "Sport Bike" premium Sookie, 25, Max NCB, no bundling, $733 for my z1000

Comment

26 1 year ncb 2012 gsxr 750 $700. Not too bad in comparison.

Comment

Manyak I did look, I swear! I'm sure I read something months ago but I couldn't find it, I even searched 'insurance' and nothing came up? But thank goodness I didn't find it coz you would have missed out on my wonderful series of events! And what a bloody shame that would be!!

Now I'm just thinking the discount we got was coz we're now over 40+! Well there's gotta be some perks I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Sookie View Post
              GSXR1000, 26, no claims, top no coverage bonus, best quote i get with home/contents/car package is $1463.00. enjoy your discount
              Hope they don't read Psb, or it would be double or refused. There's a reason insurance is expensive for you young guys, you keep dropping your shit...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                Hope they don't read Psb, or it would be double or refused. There's a reason insurance is expensive for you young guys, you keep dropping your shit...
                Some insurers also ask whether you've had a record of trashing your shit... But he's never done that

Comment

gsxr1000, 46, no claims, three kids, one mortgage, with Swann, $2000 per year plus salary sacrificing and pension

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
                    gsxr1000, 46, no claims, three kids, one mortgage, with Swann, $2000 per year plus salary sacrificing and pension
                    Do you get hit with the Knobhead excess as well?

Comment

Both my bikes are with IMR, others wouldn't insure when I first got quotes coz I'd only just got my RE and I've stayed with them since.
                      IIRC I pay about $350 PA for each CBR600RR and SV1000S.
                      I'm reviewing all my insurances so I'll have a look at Swann

Comment

42, GSX650F, fully comp with QBE $215.
                        The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Originally posted by Sookie View Post
                          24, 2006 R6 - 0 Accidents or Claims, 2500 first quote, 2nd quote 3200. Gave up after that.

Comment

28, 2008 XT660R - $250 p.A., 1981 CB250RS - $390 p.A. - go figure!

Comment

Gixxer 600 2010
                              Insured for $10,000
                              AAMI
                              Monthly payment $96.71
                              Good Service so far
                              Claimed once so price may change at renewal.

Comment

Working...
                              X