Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Alarm

Hi,

Thought I would share the following link for anyone looking for a motorbike alarm. I spent a bit of time tonight looking into these and this is my top pick.

Easy FIT Only TWO Wires Motorcycle Bike Scooter Trike Alarm DIY Installation | eBay

Cheap enough and should do the trick. Ive ordered one already so when it arrives next week I'll check it out and post up my thoughts.
    Take It Easy & If Its Easy, Take it Twice

Pretty easy to rip out too, but it's a start.

Comment

It would still take a bit of time to get it from under your seat though. If there's people in the vicinity of your bike I'm sure any offender would run away if they set it off.
      It looks alright. Doubt it would bring your insurance premiums down though hahaha

Comment

I have considered that my Comprehensive Insurance replaces the need for hundreds of dollars on alarms, disk locks etc. (I'm not sentimental about my stuff) although at under $50- delivered, it probably couldn't hurt. Not sure how long the key fob remotes would continue to work in a heavy downpour though

Comment

If you order directly from their website you'll save a couple of quid on shipping:

Easy Fit Motorcycle Scooter Trike Quad Alarm- Easily self-installed alarm – requires only basic knowledge for installation
          It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

I was just looking at these Hawk guys last night for different kinds of alarm systems.. My pick of the lot was this one Hawk X 40 Motorcycle Motorbike Quality Alarms Immobiliser UK Design C | eBay

There are a couple reviews online for these and every time it has been positive. The only review below 5 stars I found was 4/5 because it was too sensitive and screamed at people who accidentally brushed the footpeg while parking next to it. Sensitivity can be adjusted on these ones though, too.

Might be at another few weeks before I place an order, but they look pretty cool. The added functionality of remote start/stop is a nice show-off feature . May never be entirely practical though.
            Caitlyn.
            Previously: 1984 Honda VT250F-IID Integra - gone to bike heaven
            Current: 2000 Honda VFR800fiY Movistar edition

Comment

Originally posted by CatiePotatie View Post
              I was just looking at these Hawk guys last night for different kinds of alarm systems.. My pick of the lot was this one Hawk X 40 Motorcycle Motorbike Quality Alarms Immobiliser UK Design C | eBay

There are a couple reviews online for these and every time it has been positive. The only review below 5 stars I found was 4/5 because it was too sensitive and screamed at people who accidentally brushed the footpeg while parking next to it. Sensitivity can be adjusted on these ones though, too.

Might be at another few weeks before I place an order, but they look pretty cool. The added functionality of remote start/stop is a nice show-off feature . May never be entirely practical though.
              It's very practical for me. And I love the reaction from people standing next to it

The alarm you're referencing is the same as this one, just with a different brand name.

Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                It's very practical for me. And I love the reaction from people standing next to it

The alarm you're referencing is the same as this one, just with a different brand name.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...r-alarm-88290/
                oh, nice write up.
                Thanks, I'll have a read
                Caitlyn.
                Previously: 1984 Honda VT250F-IID Integra - gone to bike heaven
                Current: 2000 Honda VFR800fiY Movistar edition

Comment

Doesnt look that bad, ive currently got the XENA Disk Brake Alarm and that goes nuts if you touch it.
                  If i had that alarm under my seat them it wouldnt be easy at all for them to get at it, most bike seats come off using the key whereas mine is bolted on and is a pain in the left bollock to get off.
                  - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

Yeeah it looks somewhat decent for a basic cheapy. It'll draw attention to the bike if something is going on. I looked at other ones, but cant jystify spending heaps on my old clanger bike. Howcome ur seat us bolted down? Is it busted or just a safety precaution lol

Comment

I had one very similar on my bike a few years ago, it was super sensitive if anyone even went near the bike. Can't beat the value!
                      www.brandsense.com.au
                      sigpic

Comment

Random note. I have a Zena disc lock I'll be selling as I've just sold the steed. Pm me if interested.

Comment

So the alarm arrived today. Very quick easy to "install" (basically plug and play) and No real set at all apart from adjusting the sensitivity level to what you like.
                          I gave it a really good test for 15 minutes or so and seems to be top knotch.

Pros:
                          Easy set up ( 2 wires direct to battery ) and done
                          Cheap
                          Sensitivity adjustments
                          2 x remotes
                          Should fit under any pillion seat
                          Sounds warning before going into alarm

Cons:
                          Could be a bit louder and slimmer

Over all, very happy and well worth the $50.00 for a little extra piece of mind.

Comment

My Xena alarm works well for me already, plus full comp will do me.

Originally posted by XolituDe View Post
                            most bike seats come off using the key whereas mine is bolted on and is a pain in the left bollock to get off.
                            Try getting off the seat before removing it, might not hurt then
                            __________________________________________________ ____________
                            "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

how about this one

Bike Motorcycle 110nu llSir enAlarm edAla rmPadlo ckLo | eBay

i got this one for my bike
                              Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                              remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                              Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                              Who died while defending his right of way;
                              He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                              But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X