Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i need to hold an R class License for my bikes to be insured in Australia?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do i need to hold an R class License for my bikes to be insured in Australia?

    Do i need to hold an R class License for my bikes to be insured in Australia?

    Do you guys know who will insure bikes without having to hold a current R class license for motorbikes over 1200cc?

  • #2
    No. You don't need to be holding the appropriate license, however when riding to be covered, the rider must hold the appropriate license.

    AAMI/Swann
    Originally posted by Rich...
    You got me in trouble...

    Comment


    • #3
      To insure it you only need to own it. What makes your bike uninsured when you ride it is that you are not riding it legally. Get your RE and ride with an R class shadow and you'll be insured while doing so, if you ride in contravention of your learners permit or the conditions on your license then you are not insured.
      Plenty of people have 250/LAMS insured while on their RE learners.

      Comment


      • #4
        you can insure any bike you like, you just have to make sure that in the event of having to claim you have a shadow present if you haven't got a full R class otherwise you get $0 and there is always an extra excess if you do claim while not on your full R's,


        I know that with Shannon's I have to wait till next month to crash then I don't pay any extra excess as I would have had my Rs for a full year fingers crossed!!


        RR
        http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

        Comment


        • #5
          Shannon's do laid up insurance for Cars/Bikes that are not actively being driven/ridden, as soon as they go on the road, that insurance is void.

          But as you need to call up to get this level of cover, you probably wont past the douche bag test....

          Also, riding on a Open Class with RE Learners and having an accident is pretty much riding without a licence. So you can kiss your insurance goodbye if you have an accident, and even in a not-at-fault you will probably get reamed

          Comment


          • #6
            Something smart and witty to reply to this thread before it gets closed.
            Nah, not worth it.
            Im out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dude don't waste your money on insurance...

              Get some leather tassels for your handlebars...

              Comment


              • #8
                Think it's time we stop giving him the attention he requires.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Today i have decided to put my bike to bed and not ride it till i get full license. I have had great fun on it but every day becomes a risk of being closer to that dreaded moment of taking too many risks.

                  I am sure most of you have done similar things although you wont probably admit it but i dont care.


                  Anyway i am not riding her anymore she is going to get some good rest for at least 12 months or when i find a shadow man/woman to ride it with.

                  Thank you for the quick replies ...

                  I will be posting pictures of rented 250cc instead from now on hahaha i refuse to buy 250cc i will only rent it for a day or so to get used to it so i could keep on riding once in a while.

                  By the way would the fake Indian/Paki woman please stop calling my home phone number your Indian accent is so fake lol ....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just so we're clear, 2k in say a used cbr125r plus 12 months third party at maybe $100. You'd lose what maybe 400-800 in a year factoring a service. I doubt you will find anyone renting bikes to someone without the appropriate class of license, and even when you have said license your 12 months depreciation on a small bike would likely amount to a weeks rental if you're lucky.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                      Just so we're clear, 2k in say a used cbr125r plus 12 months third party at maybe $100. You'd lose what maybe 400-800 in a year factoring a service. I doubt you will find anyone renting bikes to someone without the appropriate class of license, and even when you have said license your 12 months depreciation on a small bike would likely amount to a weeks rental if you're lucky.
                      Friends don't let friends buy a CBR125. Oh I see what you're doing, carry on.


                      IMO get a 250 traily like an XT, TTR or DRZ. Provided you aren't a hobbit they are easy to ride, very good at low speed, and if you chuck a set of knobblies on you can get some dirt experience.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AliastheJester View Post
                        Friends don't let friends buy a CBR125. Oh I see what you're doing, carry on.


                        IMO get a 250 traily like an XT, TTR or DRZ. Provided you aren't a hobbit they are easy to ride, very good at low speed, and if you chuck a set of knobblies on you can get some dirt experience.
                        Yeah good call, besides, you're not even limited to a little cbr250 now that LAMS is in play..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you're just insuring it because you're worried it'll get nicked while you're not riding it for the next 12 months, there's much cheaper ways. Drain the tank, weld the filler cap, take the wheels off, fill the tires with bees, paint the whole thing pink and rub your musky junk all over the handlebars to get as much smegma on them as possible. Easy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                            Dude don't waste your money on insurance...

                            Get some leather tassels for your handlebars...
                            He Already has them on the sleeves of his jacket

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by Cool Harley Guy View Post
                            Today i have decided to put my bike to bed and not ride it till i get full license. I have had great fun on it but every day becomes a risk of being closer to that dreaded moment of taking too many risks.

                            I am sure most of you have done similar things although you wont probably admit it but i dont care.


                            Anyway i am not riding her anymore she is going to get some good rest for at least 12 months or when i find a shadow man/woman to ride it with.

                            Thank you for the quick replies ...

                            I will be posting pictures of rented 250cc instead from now on hahaha i refuse to buy 250cc i will only rent it for a day or so to get used to it so i could keep on riding once in a while.

                            By the way would the fake Indian/Paki woman please stop calling my home phone number your Indian accent is so fake lol ....
                            WHAT A FRIKKEN TOSS POT..................
                            What You See

                            Isn't always what you get

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              is this Hawian Guy in disguise??? same bike :o

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X