• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting new bikes from Suzuki

Global News News.2013 | Global Suzuki

588cc twin with an intercooled turbo
    my pics

there is also a rather cool road going electric pit bike but I cannot post more than 1 video link
    my pics

Comment

Certainly looks awesome, I'll eat my left arm if it ever hits production. Great concepts never hit production, and the way Suzuki is going financially I'll be surprised if they even refresh the current GSXR line this decade.

Comment

Reminds me of a modern Squalo in styling.

Comment

oh please... please, build it!
          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

To save people from pressing play and listening to Japanese for 9 minutes:

Comment

Surely, just as with the car industry, bike makers are going to have to start developing turbo engines just to comply with ever tightening emission regs? I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first of many. (the engine, not necessarily the bike)
              Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                Surely, just as with the car industry, bike makers are going to have to start developing turbo engines just to comply with ever tightening emission regs? I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first of many. (the engine, not necessarily the bike)
                Turbos are not needed to meet emission regs. Turbos are so you can have a smaller lighter engine that is more efficient on fuel, without lacking the power to do the job.
                Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                  Turbos are not needed to meet emission regs. Turbos are so you can have a smaller lighter engine that is more efficient on fuel, without lacking the power to do the job.
                  Oh yeah, I get that, its just the emissions regs and economy needs are what driving the downsizing trend. The turbo's just seem to be a necessity to make the smaller engines usable in bigger, heavier cars. I would think a smaller, turbo bike engine would be a good fit for some of the bigger touring bikes out there.
                  Can you help with foster care?
                  http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

The Extrigger looks like fun, it will be interesting to see how it compares to the ZERO seeing as it is a lecky bike.

Comment

they also have an updated vstrom 1000 coming soon, i might have a look if its got sizable power increase over the 650, heres a picture of one that they've photo-shopped onto a snow covered mountain scene to promote the "discover adventure around every corner" theme

pffft, as if riding on Perth roads isnt enough of an adventure...

I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Needs more snow bunny.
                        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                        (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                          they also have an updated vstrom 1000 coming soon, i might have a look if its got sizable power increase over the 650, heres a picture of one that they've photo-shopped onto a snow covered mountain scene to promote the "discover adventure around every corner" theme

pffft, as if riding on Perth roads isnt enough of an adventure...

I can see the standard vstrom shaped tank in there. I reckon it's nothing more than a heap of expensive new plastics stuck on the front.

Interested nonetheless.

Comment

What sort of seed would you need to feed a VStrom like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                              Oh yeah, I get that, its just the emissions regs and economy needs are what driving the downsizing trend. The turbo's just seem to be a necessity to make the smaller engines usable in bigger, heavier cars. I would think a smaller, turbo bike engine would be a good fit for some of the bigger touring bikes out there.
                              Yep. Just look at the Amarok.

2.0L twin turbo, driving one of the bigger utilities available.

Comment

Working...
                              X