Draggin Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draggin Shirt

Anyone have one of these? are they any good and would you recomend one?

Draggin Shirt

Seems total motorcycle and helmet house don't carry them so not easy to try on

seems like a great idea for our hot summer (as i am dead set against riding in a t shirt)

Should have thumb loops to stop it riding up.

I question how much help it would be in an off but I guess every little bit helps.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
      Should have thumb loops to stop it riding up.

I question how much help it would be in an off but I guess every little bit helps.
      They mention the velcro tabs that supposedly help with that. I guess it would be ok for low speed city use, I wouldn't rely on it for much more than that

Comment

If you're going to wear that - why not just wear a light textile jacket with shoulder and elbow pads? Extra protection and probably a similar price.
        Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
        Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Originally posted by devolved View Post
          If you're going to wear that - why not just wear a light textile jacket with shoulder and elbow pads? Extra protection and probably a similar price.
          Bingo, something like a dririder airmesh is cooler, offers more impact protection (but possibly not as much abrasion resistance, assuming the shirt stays in place). And has pockets and stuff too.
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

^ gotcha, seems like a valid argument against.... maybe i could just HTFU and deal with the fact i live in a hot place

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy247 View Post
              ^ gotcha, seems like a valid argument against.... maybe i could just HTFU and deal with the fact i live in a hot place
              Its gonna be hot regardless, a long sleeve 't-shirt' & a textile jacket are going be to much the same on a 35+ day, wet!
              Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
              Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

I've been wearing an all weather textile jacket for the past 5 years with a removable waterproof liner, take the liner out and it's a mesh jacket with armour.

It keeps the searing sun off while standing around and to me although still hot feels cooler than the burning sensation on bare skin, as soon as you start moving the airflow cools you off with the small amount you've been sweating.

I wouldn't say HTFU but there are some decent compromises where a little discomfort results in better protection, I'd be looking at airflow and hydration solutions (camelbak) rather than just looking for something lighter to wear.
                Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                  Bingo, something like a dririder airmesh is cooler, offers more impact protection (but possibly not as much abrasion resistance, assuming the shirt stays in place). And has pockets and stuff too.

Pretty much.

And yeah, most textile gear is only going to be good for crashes around the 60km/h mark, if that.

Which sounds low... but typically you will wash speed off before impact unless you're a total muppet.

If you're having actual bike departure at higher speeds than that (i.e., you're washing speed off and still crashing at over say 100km/h) you probably should be in leather.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I've been wearing an all weather textile jacket for the past 5 years with a removable waterproof liner, take the liner out and it's a mesh jacket with armour.
                    +1 I have the Joe Rocket Alter Ego, has a plastic liner for winter and the outside textile zips off to leave a mesh jacket with the armour on the shoulders and elbows
                    When it's over 40 it's still hot but I usually wear a singlet and soak it with water so it acts like an evap aircon for about 1/2 hour

#1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                    Originally posted by Phildo
                    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                    Originally posted by filbert
                    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

What about something like this, purely for summer I'd guess though.

Bionic 2 Protection Jacket - Protection - Moto | Alpinestars

Although listed for MX and other extreme sports, so not sure of suitability on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                        its even cooler when you squid
                        A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Perforated leather rules.

Comment

Originally posted by baxter View Post
                            its even cooler when you squid
                            Was comparing it against the kevlar shirt thingy.

I ride a scooter on occasion, you don't need to educate me on squidding, sonny.
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I bought one a quite a few years ago as an alternative to riding in a t shirt and getting sun burnt arms in the summer. Can't say how much protection it gives in an off though. One thing I noticed, kevlar may be tough but clothes moths seem eat it in preference to natural fibres. If you get one, mothball it, literally, for the winter, mine has a couple of holes in the front, cotton stuff hanging next to it in the wardrobe untouched.

Comment

Working...
                              X