Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cafe racer speedo

Hey,

I am currently finishing off my cafe racer project, and i want to get rid of the standard speedo/rpm gauge as they are big and don't suit the bike now. Can anyone recommend me a good smallish gauge combo for speed and rpm, even just speed.

I would love one of those single headlights with the speedo built into it but i can't seem to find them anywhere.

Ohh and my speedo is just cable driven

Cheers

Adapting to cable driven speedo's is very hard... you need to make sure gear ratios are correct, gears are the right size & angle to pick it all up etc. Apart from the OEM one, there aren't many other options. If you were willing to go to a magnetic based pick-up, a lot more option open up...
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
      Adapting to cable driven speedo's is very hard... you need to make sure gear ratios are correct, gears are the right size & angle to pick it all up etc. Apart from the OEM one, there aren't many other options. If you were willing to go to a magnetic based pick-up, a lot more option open up...
      how easy is it to setup a magnetic base pick-up? is it just a sensor on the wheel and then little bit of wiring? If so would have no issue swaping to that kind of setup

Comment

A magnet on the wheel, sensor mounted to the fork and some wiring...
        Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally posted by Kaido View Post
          how easy is it to setup a magnetic base pick-up? is it just a sensor on the wheel and then little bit of wiring? If so would have no issue swaping to that kind of setup
          If you want you can see my Vapour on my Tard if you like Pips..
          Peace out

Comment

cafe racer speedo

I might have just the thing for you pips.

Scratch that I better keep it as one unit.
            Vapor is the way to go though, piece of piss to hook up. Even has temp warning and shift lights
            for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
            for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
            for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

Do a search for 'Acewell' speedometers. They do a nice retro version with a magnetic speedo pickup.
              Like this one:

Acewell 2853 Digital Tacho Speedo ODO Fuel Trip Meter | eBay
              Young enough to be a hoon, old enough to know better.

Comment

Personally I'm a big fan of Koso for universal guages, ie: Multi Function Guages - Koso

They have many varieties with some fancy features and of course look totally badass
                Caitlyn.
                Previously: 1984 Honda VT250F-IID Integra - gone to bike heaven
                Current: 2000 Honda VFR800fiY Movistar edition

Comment

TrailTech or Acewell.

Trail Tech || Home page

Made in Taiwan, waterproof, Motorcycle Scooter computer, ATV speedometer, E-bike meter, Feeling of Speed - Welcome to Acewell
                  One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Trail tech voyager ftw.

Can use the gps sensor to act as a speed pickup thus negating the need of a unsightly cable running down the front.

Plus it has many other advantages
                    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Go for Motogadget if price is no option. For me it was so i went for an Acewell 4553 - a great looking unit

Comment

Dime City Cycles (USA) sells a speedo that uses GPS for speed reading, saves you some hassle and an ugly thread along your fork legs.

I persoanlly use 2 Acewels, a 2853 and a 4454. especially the latter is fantastic with battery voltage, oil temperature and air temperature.
                        Acewell 4454 | Shed Built Bikes

Comment

Working...
                        X