Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB600F A good step up bike from RE class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB600F A good step up bike from RE class?

I've had my RE for a year and feel i've become quite competant on my KTM 200 Duke. I'm looking to step up to my first big bike and R Class license.

I have been looking and reading reviews on bikes and a CB600F hornet has caught my eye.
    What are your guys thought on this bike? Are there any other similar bikes you'd recommend for my first 'Big' bike?

Cheers.

quick question what do you want to see yourself riding in the future?

do you like sport bikes, nakeds, cruisers

the 600f is a great bike but is very tame and I'll think you'll find yourself wanting more
    Master of the missed signals

Comment

I was thinking CBR600R or R6 but I'm sure about riding a sports bike (zero experience). A friend has the previous model Hornet in the UK and raves about it so when one came up for sale I thought it could be a good move.

Comment

I dunno, The way Newaje rode his cb600 I wouldn't call it a slow bike
        Also nakeds are cheaper to insure. Good bikes I rate them.

Difficult to suggest others without knowing your budget?

Comment

Another to consider is the XJ6's (Not because I own one) they've been used as training bikes in the UK for a while.....

Comment

I was looking at spending $7-9k. All depends how much I can flog mine for!

Comment

Do some insurance research on supersport 600s. Twenty somethings will be arse raped.
              A 07-08 sports 600 is in your price range...Theyre all good.
              Then compare the cost to insure nakeds.

nakeds I like;
              street triple (i own one), cb600, z750, fz6, fz8...in that order. Nakeds are detuned compared to supersports. They're still fun though

avoid the xj6 that is a slow bike.

Comment

What size engine is the Street Triple? They are cool.
                Dale Britton has a few Triples, the CB600 and a Z750. I think they are street Triple Rs and about 10k. The CB600 and Z750 are both on for around $7k

Comment

street triple = 675cc

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesya View Post
                    I've had my RE for a year and feel i've become quite competant on my KTM 200 Duke. I'm looking to step up to my first big bike and R Class license.

I have been looking and reading reviews on bikes and a CB600F hornet has caught my eye.
                    What are your guys thought on this bike? Are there any other similar bikes you'd recommend for my first 'Big' bike?

Cheers.
                    My first R class bike was a CB600F Loved it. Bulletproof engine. Pretty quick too. Best advice is to put Renthal ultra low handle bars on it. Best thing I ever did, drops ridiculously easily into corners cause the bars are wider. Also consider the cb900f.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesya View Post
                      I was thinking CBR600R or R6 but I'm sure about riding a sports bike (zero experience). A friend has the previous model Hornet in the UK and raves about it so when one came up for sale I thought it could be a good move.
                      the riding position is completely different then, you probably dont want to be told this part but you need to test ride every bike to find one you like, I like my sports bikes like the CBR and R6 so I would go with them but thats me, the fact you have zero experiance means nothing just respect the bike and you'll learn how to ride it, there have been people to go from 250-1000 and they're still alive, I went from a zzr-250 to a 2005 r6 it was perfect.

for every bike there is someone that will rave about them the CB600F wouldnt excite me enough to keep it around, take it into consideration because dont spend your money on something youll only like for 6 months.

my suggestions:

Triumph 675 or triple
                      r6
                      cbr600

and if your so inclined or the budget isn't big enough check out things like a fz6n

Comment

if you want to ride a sportsbike - get a sports bike! You will never learn to ride one if you never get one!

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...249500-166666/

thank me later

Comment

yer, definitely test ride the bikes you're interested in. If its a supersport start with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazon View Post

nakeds I like;
                              Superduke, street triple (i own one), cb600, z750, fz6, fz8...in that order. Nakeds are detuned compared to supersports. They're still fun though

avoid the xj6 that is a slow bike.
                              Fixed for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X