Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest mistake, went past a motorbike cop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest mistake, went past a motorbike cop?

Im sure its nothing, but earlier on today I was on Dixon Rd, Rockingham between Ennis Ave, and Mandurah Road and behind the bush to the left was a police officer supposedly wearing his helmet, stood there with his arms crossed and pointed at me when i overtook a car ahead of me.

Now i didn't see the cop at all, my girlfriend who i had on the back had noticed him and told me what had happened, i wasn't looking behind the bushes because i was focusing on the road.

She only told me about it when i had stopped at the lights about 8km up the road at Thomas Road, so apparently he was stood there with his arms crossed and noticed me overtake somebody and pointed at me? I genuinely did not see him at all, she said he didnt have a speed gun or anything and couldnt see his bike nearby...

Anyone else had this happen? Im sure if it was something serious then he would of caught up to me and pulled me over...
    - XolituDe (Rick)

If he didn't chase you down I wouldn't worry to much.

Comment

Were you doing anything other than being on two wheels that would give him reason to notice you at the time?

If all he did was point, you're probably fine...
      "Who the hell steals a Ninja 250?"
      "People who enjoy the rush of theft but dislike the rush of speed..."

Comment

Point at you, shake their heads, flash their lights... this is code.

It means they would love to have a chat but if it's not a good time for you, then that's okay.
        Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

A few years back I had a cop come out from the side of the road at the top of the rise on Tonkin Hwy just after Malaga Dr as I was overtaking some traffic at a "little " over the limit , He was waving at me and yelling and I thought about stopping to have a chat as he obviously wanted to look at and admire my lovely bike and commend me on my riding skills but I was already running a bit late for work and what with the line of traffic coming he decided to run back to the emergency lane instead of getting run over

I wouldn't worry about it as it obviously wasn't important
          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
          Originally posted by Phildo
          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
          Originally posted by filbert
          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Even cops shake their heads in disappointment at HYOs
            see its not just the cool kids .

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Stu View Post
            Point at you, shake their heads, flash their lights... this is code.

It means they would love to have a chat but if it's not a good time for you, then that's okay.
            Oh i always thought that meant game on
            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
            (anarchy in english )

Comment

I'd lay low for a few weeks. Don't leave the house, keep curtains drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                I'd lay low for a few weeks. Don't leave the house, keep curtains drawn.
                This.

Keep off the computer. Don't touch the phone.

Stay away from anything electronic. Those fuckers will track you down.
                One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

I foolishly pulled over for the finger point once. He told me they liked my bike so much they wanted to hang on to it for a few weeks. Last time I ever stop for those bastards to admire my baby.. I'd say if he didn't snatch up your rego you're a lucky bloke! For them to point at you, you're obviously drawing some attention with speed, wheelie, stoppie or other hooliganisms. Probably would have gone home with the wallet feeling a bit lighter had you pulled over.

Comment

Russians...... Conspiracy....... Either way i would hide.

But if it was me i would have thought ohhhhhhh he is not impressed i didn't clutch it up, then proceeded to do so, Followed by a very quick fucking off.

He would appreciate that i think.

2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
                      If he didn't chase you down I wouldn't worry to much.
                      Officer Jones isn't very fast on his feet.
                      He is weight handicapped. In the Melbourne Cup he would be an also ran.

Comment

He was probably talking to his mate you couldn't see hiding in the bush. Pointing at you and saying "Look, another dickhead who bought a Hyosung. Why the fuck would you waste money on one of those?"

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                          This.

Keep off the computer. Don't touch the phone.

Stay away from anything electronic. Those fuckers will track you down.
                          Phildo, as creative as you are, I am sure you can make a very nice tin foil hat

"Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

I had a friendly debate with an officer about fenders and fender eliminators a couple of months ago, while we were stopped by the side of the freeway. He was pointing at bikes to demonstrate his (mis)understanding of the ADRs and the difference between the two.

We both found it amusing when one of them pulled over and walked back to see what they had done wrong.

The moral of the story is: don't stop or they'll have the last laugh.
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

You went to Rockingham? I'd be pointing at you in disapproval too.

Seriously the sign "Welcome to Rockingham" should, if we're being honest here, read "Shithole"
                              Last edited by TurboR1; 04-11-2013, 10:07 AM.
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                              X