Wheel clamps - Howard St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel clamps - Howard St

A couple of unlucky people clamped in Howard St Perth. They were off the street on what looked like private property - I forgot to note down the business name. I haven't seen these in Perth before. You can just make out a sticker on each seat with removal instructions.

Last time I saw wheel clamps on bikes was in Bangkok about 12 years ago.

So what does the PSB toolkit need added?

Comment

I would be so tempted to call a mate with a ute/trailer and disappear it

Comment

Defeating wheel clamps is easy, they've done it in Europe for years:

1. Buy a $2 tube of superglue
        2. Fill/squirt the key-lock of the wheel clamp with super glue
        3. Ring the clamping removal company and tell them you'd like to have the clamp removed and are happy to pay for it.
        4. When they arrive to remove it and can't, threaten legal action.

The above works because:

A. The superglue kills the ability to remove the lock and they have to destroy the whole clamp to remove it (at their time & expense)
        B. It becomes uneconomical for them to keep replacing the clamps with new ones every time.
        C. The threat of legal action is real as it's not your problem they cannot remove their clamps.

If everyone does this the wheel clamps will be gone forever in just a few months

Note: if you NEED to use your bike to get somewhere urgently think twice before applying the super glue but that should be obvious.

Comment

If either of these bikes belongs to a PSBer then let me know. Have ute. And cordless angle grinder.

Challenge accepted.

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

This ^^^ I want to see
            Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

And how many hundreds of dollars do they ask for the removal of the clamps, fucking maggots, if its more than a parking ticket which im sure it is then it really is just a cunts trick and extortion.

Comment

Also have cordless grinder, a lot of spare time and some childish need to run amok.

I don't condone breaking the law at all but if you want to play with power tools for unrelated reasons, PM me. My milwaukee is wayyyyyy better than [MENTION=5421]Phildo[/MENTION] 's Ryobi.
                Originally posted by tank-wombat
                Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                ----------------------------------------
                TRX 850.

Comment

I like the idea of Super gluing the lock...

Let it be their fucking problem...

Comment

drill the lock quieter and won't fling sparks and metal chips onto your bike.

How to Drill a Lock: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
                    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Ive never drilled a decent lock before, but I've wondered how hard the steel is.
                      Originally posted by tank-wombat
                      Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                      ----------------------------------------
                      TRX 850.

Comment

without seeing the other side of the clamp if their jaws have a big gap you might be able to let the tire down and slip the clamp off and pump the tire up and ride away

Comment

I'd assume they would keep records of bikes plates and location. If you were to drill or transport the bike by other means what would be the penalties for doing so i wonder.
                          Glue in the lock sounds like a pretty safe option. Also gives that wonderful 'sticking it to the man' feeling too.

Comment

Originally posted by ge0ff View Post
                            Ive never drilled a decent lock before, but I've wondered how hard the steel is.
                            they're cheap chinese made clamps, under $50 online you probably won't find any decent steel on them but you drill the pins not the lock body.

Originally posted by rharris View Post
                            without seeing the other side of the clamp if their jaws have a big gap you might be able to let the tire down and slip the clamp off and pump the tire up and ride away
                            trust the locksmith to find a non destructive way around it, we want carnage and destruction dagnabbit!!!!
                            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
                              I'd assume they would keep records of bikes plates and location. If you were to drill or transport the bike by other means what would be the penalties for doing so i wonder.
                              Glue in the lock sounds like a pretty safe option. Also gives that wonderful 'sticking it to the man' feeling too.
                              "what? you clamped my bike? nah sorry mate, wasn't on there when I got to it."

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                              If either of these bikes belongs to a PSBer then let me know. Have ute. And cordless angle grinder.

Challenge accepted.

silly phildo, you need a cutting disc on that.
                              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X