"ATGATT? ATGATT? What the hell is ATTGATT?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ATGATT? ATGATT? What the hell is ATTGATT?"

As a rider celebrating my 25th anniversary on two wheels next month, and I'm about to rant about something that really REALLY pisses me off.

This afternoon, I'm driving back from the local shopping centre, minding my own business, slowed up towards some lights, and stopped next to this:

Clearly he's safe, because he's wearing the following riding gear:

- Open faced helmet.
    - Livestrong band of invulnerability.

Now, I've seen plenty of riders since moving over here that were short on gear, but never any quite this bad.

Is this an awareness thing? Can we fix this with advertising? Legislation? Fines? Or do we all have to keep getting lumped in with rolling statistics like this that have no sense of self preservation whatsoever, and make the rest of us who do ride safely look bad?

This guy was one SMIDSY away from massive skin grafts and the possibility of never being able to ride again.

Why the hell would anyone even think this is a safe thing to do?
    "Who the hell steals a Ninja 250?"
    "People who enjoy the rush of theft but dislike the rush of speed..."

They think that scooter falls are Less Damaging.?

Getting cleaned up by anything without any protection is Stupid.

Even Insect hits hurt like a bitch on skin.
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Not to be a smart ass but who fucking cares it's their skin.

I'm sure everytime you poison your liver, someone is crying about that.

I'm sure everytime you eat saturated fats, someone is crying about that.

I'm sure everytime you breathe in smoke, someone is crying about that.

It's summer, it's fucking hot and no one really cares.

Once he comes off, he will learn.

Gear doesn't save you 100% either, it simply reduces the damage...
      Originally posted by Rich...
      You got me in trouble...

Comment

Just run over, act all cute to distract him and STOMP on his little toe as hard as possible. Then ask him if being nailed by a car or eating shit at 40 - 60 while cornering would feel less or more painful. Tough love.

Also agree with your frustration, seeing lads on their scooters in pluggers and singlets with the gf on the back in less makes me rage a little.

Comment

Agree he is missing something. Needs thongs. The tarmac can be ouchy hot with bare feet.

Comment

Pffft- it's only 50cc's

Everyone knows 60 k's on a 50cc scooter is much slower than 60 k's on a thou. [and the bitumen is much softer ]
            Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

See similar and worse all the time at work. 90% of the time their attitude is "my bike isn't fast enough to hurt me". The other 10% just don't give a fuck.

Those that say they'll be safe because they can't do more than 60kph on their 50cc scooters honestly believe it. When I ask them if they've ever fallen off a push-bike onto bitumen they ask "Why, it's not the same". When I ask them what they think their chances are when some mole in a 4WD screaming at her kids plows into them at they say "It won't happen to me, I'm careful".

Comment

Changed
                What You See

Comment

Well if you are going to go down that path of banning people who dont wear gear it wont be long before they just decide to ban motorcycles.

You REALLY want to make it so we have to have full race leathers, boots and a fluro vest just to go down to the shop?

Because if you ATGATTer's keep harping on at people expressing their freedom of clothing choice that is exactly what will happen.

Every summer you pipe up and I wish the ATGATTer's would just STFU.
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                    Pffft- it's only 50cc's

Everyone knows 60 k's on a 50cc scooter is much slower than 60 k's on a thou. [and the bitumen is much softer ]
                    Haahaahaa That's clever
                    What You See

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, it's just natural selection. Squids will be squids, no point spending any time or effort trying to force them otherwise.

Comment

Gear vs none has been done to death. Ride what you feel comfortable in.

If you don't think you need a helmet, you probably don't.

/thread
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

meh
                          In Bali he would be full of awesome alcohol induced invulnerability , over here he is just a squid .
                          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Jesus that's almost as dangerous as people using phones to take photos whilst in charge of a motor vehicle!

Comment

Also, paging starfish... Isn't it about time for another squid ride?
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X