Motorcycle Safety Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Safety Week

Seen a few of these around today riding to and from work, i was riding behind a police officer this afternoon on the way home who pointed at the sign for a solid 5-10 seconds as he came up to it so i decided to pull over and take a photo of it. im going to go with it being a very interesting choice of words.. I know how id ride if my life depended on it.. thoughts?
    this one was just after Belaair or berigan off ramp onto the free way, and i saw another one on roe highway just after Great easter turn off.
    ride safe everyone.

I hope he was meaning for the cars to look at it not you?

Comment

hopefully not

Comment

Ride like life depends on it... yeah interesting choice of words - do they mean ride like you would if you needed to get to hospital in 2 min or die?

Comment

What does that sign even mean? I gather they are endevouring to capture the sentiment that everyone is trying to kill you when you are on a bike, so ride defensively.

Comment

Last edited by Blazon; 05-11-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Remember atgatt

Comment

Please tell me somebody on this site has access to the programming for these signs ...

Comment

I like when they put up two different messages.

e.g. Double Demerits <date to date>
                  Drive Safe
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Change it to "Open your fucking eyes you clueless twats". That'll be much more effective.

Comment

Bimbo in the Hyundai: put the fucking iPhone down!
                      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Yep, saw it on my way to work tonight around 2245. I was wondering how many cars will drift across lanes and what not while being "distracted" reading it. Funnily enough the car in front of me in the left hand lane ended up with half his car in my lane :o It made me chuckle a bit.
                        Take It Easy & If Its Easy, Take it Twice

Comment

I saw this message yesterday, and don't quite agree with it.

I'd much rather see it say things like "Lane splitting is legal."

Comment

It did say something along the lines of "look out for bikes" when I saw it Friday.

Comment

Open slather on road speed records. Your life depends on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X