Locking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking up

Now I have a bike, I need to get myself to work from now on. I work at Rockingham shops and my longest shift is 9 hours.
    I am considering getting an Oxford chain and lock for about $100 and putting it round the back wheel as well as possibly a metal bar on the trolley return bays since there are no M/C bays on the side I work.
    Is this the best option and does anyone know if this lock, being so big and ~6kg, will fit under the pillion?

Thanks Also went to the show at Claremont on Saturday and it was great! My mate who doesn't even have a bike spent 200 on gear.
    ​You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Could you leave the lock at work .
    Have two .
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

At the show there was a guy selling padlocks that scream when tampered with, I'd think that would be a good option.

Comment

a disc lock combined with something like the below link?
        Find and Follow - REAL TIME GPS TRACKING SOLUTIONS - Fleet Management

i would be surprised if you could fit any chain and lock combo hefty enough to defeat medium bolt cutters under a pillion seat. if a bike is parked regularly in the same place then a theft can be planned for.

so one to find (disc lock) and one for them not to find (GPS tracking).
        Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

i wouldnt park anywhere near trolley bays,
          National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

I just have a disc lock in - but one of the motion sensing ones with a deafening alarm... Xena or abus does do them for around $60... Fits great under the pillion!

Comment

I could barely get a disk lock in my pillion seat.
              Best thing to do as [MENTION=8900]shan[/MENTION] stated would be to get 2 and leave one at work.
              I think [MENTION=22780]Helmet House[/MENTION] were selling some alarmed disk locks at a decent price?

Comment

Something that makes noise. Have a look at XENA Security Disc-Locks, Alarms and Accessories for Motorcycles and Scooters
                One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Disc lock...

I am in the process of getting and testing a GPS system...

Looking at about $50 initial cost and then about $40 per year to monitor it yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by Aus View Post
                    as well as possibly a metal bar on the trolley return bays since
                    Why don't you just save time and effort, knock the bike over and bash a few trolleys into it yourself?

What part of that plan seems like a good idea?
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

Needs the scarecrow concept.

Create a scarecrow - a false human being.

Dress said scarecrow in something that makes him look like he's collecting child support payments.
                      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

In response to parking next to the trolley bay, it is a small one taking up a single car bay and is the same risk of being hit as any other bay, with added benefit of being able to chain it to something.
                        ​You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Comment

Not as bad as it sounds

Comment

the probs with all lil jiggers is they can just be picked up n thrown on a ute
                            maybe a chain is a reasonable deterrent
                            ask the centre operations manager if you can find a spot in or around the service yard area
                            luckily we have motorcycle bays just outside the service yard and security office with cameras all around at the shopping centre i work at
                            anyways just ask the powers that be...it's not an unreasonable request considering the size of the brob
                            best o luck cam

Comment

Buy yourself a plain grey motorcycle cover. It's a great deterrent because potential thieves have no idea what lies beneath. Is it expensive? Is it alarmed? Does it have an anti-personnel mine attached to it? They don't know and they're pretty brazen if they lift the cover to find this all out. Plus you save your paint and plastics from fading in the sun.

But it's not foolproof which is why you should make sure you have insurance. I added a motion sensitive alarm with a flashing LED and immobiliser for the extra security and insurance discount. If the thief begins to lift the cover - SCREEEEEEEEE! It has worked for 4 years and my bike's a lot lighter than yours

None of this saves you from inconsiderate people hurling their trolleys in the general direction of the return bay and your pride and joy...
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
                              X