Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 BMW S1000R Naked

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2014 BMW S1000R Naked

    Only deets so far that I can find are 160hp/207kg.....

    Bit underwhelming compared to the new release KTM Headlight design looks like a Z800 and the 'R' logo looks like it's been borrowed off a 90's Fireblade...

    Bit ho-hum IMO.
    Rest in Peace
    Brother Ryad

  • #2
    I like the 'gills'.
    That's about it

    Comment


    • #3
      Are th power and weight figures conformed already? it's not quite as high as what I was expecting for a naked S1000RR...
      Originally posted by boeman
      Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

      I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
      Originally posted by Chuck Steak
      Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Those that want comfort will always get penalised with a de-tuned engine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yep disappointing. Unless you are KTM! they will be loving all these detuned nakeds coming out!

          Comment


          • #6
            They (BMW) didnt even match the Tuono V4R power & weight?

            New KTM is ho-hum. The prototype looked good but the ones I saw at the show were very meh. I spent under 20 secs looking at it. I had to ask someone to point them out. (As I guess i was looking for something with the side and under tail pipe and those cool orange and white rims....)

            BMW would have probably done better making an S600RR...

            Im stil waiting to hear of a K1600S but an old bloke at work who is a BMW die hard who traded his R1100 tourer for a K1600GT has just traded it in on a goldwing citing 'gearbox, valvetrain and electronics and bluetooth connectivity issues' with only 3,500km on the clock.....
            When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

            Comment


            • #7
              I've sure there will be a certain type of rider,probably one who owns a leather helmet and aviator goggles who played Biggles on an Amstrad in the 80's, that will want one.
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

              Comment


              • #8
                looks like a Honda
                I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality


                Comment


                • #9
                  For the love of god make a decent belly pan and cover up that horrible looking cat...
                  RAM MOTOSPORT ZX10 RR#191

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's the B-King all over again. Heavier, less power, less everything really. Why would you buy one over the RR? Only excuse would be if you went straight to the BMW dealer and said "I want the fastest naked bike in the world!" and never looked across the road at, say, any other manufacturer.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Still weighs less and has more power than a Z1000..
                      Originally posted by boeman
                      Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

                      I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                      Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                      Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Archie View Post
                        and never looked across the road at, say, any other manufacturer.
                        Errr...

                        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I was just starting to warm up to the S1000RR. The HP4 actually looks quite fit (so long as you don’t linger on the squinty eyes too long).

                          But that is a pup. It just looks like an incomplete sportsbike.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well pickle me funky, I actually quite like it.

                            Looks umpteen times better than the new z thou in the other thread.
                            Originally posted by tank-wombat
                            Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                            ----------------------------------------
                            TRX 850.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Archie View Post
                              It's the B-King all over again. Heavier, less power, less everything really. Why would you buy one over the RR? Only excuse would be if you went straight to the BMW dealer and said "I want the fastest naked bike in the world!" and never looked across the road at, say, any other manufacturer.
                              Maybe it

                              costs less
                              has longer service intervals
                              cheaper services

                              than an S1000RR?


                              If you've ridden a naked at speed before, you'll probably agree that much above 200km/h is just well... unpleasant in any case.

                              If they have actually put milder cams in it for better mid-range rather than just hobbling it, it would be good.
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X