Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st track day tomorrow. Fuel?

Hi all.
    So I have my first track day courtesy of my beautiful wife & I'm wondering if a full tank of fuel will be enough for a full day or will I need an extra 10 or so liters?
    Also how close is a BP to the Barbagallo track?
    Perfect Preparation Prevents Poor Performance...
    "WLF" Viva La Figa sigpic

On an R1, probably not. And you won't have time to go to the BP between track sessions and briefings.

I'm taking a ute and will be in the same group as you. I'm just in Thornlie so you can drop off a jerry can full of fuel to me if you like?

Comment

How big is the tank? I tend to use 15-20L depending on how fast I am going - If you are only level 1 you could probably get away with 10-12L.

Comment

Bring a 5-10L jerry can and you'll be fine

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
          How big is the tank? I tend to use 15-20L depending on how fast I am going - If you are only level 1 you could probably get away with 10-12L.

an extra 15-20L or a total of 15-20L?

Comment

20L is pretty much it on most race days, Occasionally I use a bit more on champions days (7x 20 min sessions will do that) - when I am Coaching Level 1 I use about 12-15L but that typically includes a few laps with the group 4's / tuning group.

Comment

You coaching this Sat??

It's a beautiful day (Max 28'C, Sunny) so I'm assuming [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION] will be

Comment

Thank you so much for the info men. Much appreciated. Manyak I'll take you up on your offer If that's cool. And can drop off a 10l later this Arvo. PM me your address and the best time and I'll be there.
                Perfect Preparation Prevents Poor Performance...
                "WLF" Viva La Figa sigpic

Comment

I would love to, but I have had 5 days at the track in the last 4 weeks and all good things must come to an end - esp as my house has become an overgrown dumpyard that needs a heap of TLC. Also I think the missus is getting Jealous of the bike and I don't want them fighting esp when I keep my hammer in the toolbox next to the bike....

Comment

I've gotten through 3 group 1 track days using a single tank of fuel (on a 2010 R1) each time. Just fill up at the Caltex on Pinjar Rd or the BP on Burns Beach Rd and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by R1TOM View Post
                      Thank you so much for the info men. Much appreciated. Manyak I'll take you up on your offer If that's cool. And can drop off a 10l later this Arvo. PM me your address and the best time and I'll be there.
                      PM sent mate

Not a problem..

Comment

[MENTION=13559]R1TOM[/MENTION]

That yellow signature is poison
                        Originally posted by Rich...
                        You got me in trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Griffo17 View Post
                          I've gotten through 3 group 1 track days using a single tank of fuel (on a 2010 R1) each time. Just fill up at the Caltex on Pinjar Rd or the BP on Burns Beach Rd and you should be fine.
                          Err time for group 2?
                          Its essentially the same speed as group 1 (maybe slightly quicker) just without as much tuition - pretty much the same format and the same goals in each session, you still get a full briefing including most of the content from group 1 and you still have access to the same amount of coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                            Err time for group 2?
                            Its essentially the same speed as group 1 (maybe slightly quicker) just without as much tuition - pretty much the same format and the same goals in each session, you still get a full briefing including most of the content from group 1 and you still have access to the same amount of coaches.
                            Correct mate. Done group 1 with Trakdayz, RideDaysWA and VRT. So time to step up now.

Comment

What's on tomorrow?

Champions?

I'll be coaching on Saturday.
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                              X