Hearing protection / earplugs - Alpine Motosafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing protection / earplugs - Alpine Motosafe

After riding a bit more recently - also country rides and a bit higher speed than just the 60-80 around town I feel I require some earplugs to keep my hearing for the years to come.

I tested some cheapo foam ear plugs but that just dulls everything badly and still gives a lot of lower frequency noises...

Does anybody here uses those:
    Alpine MotoSafe - Ear Plugs - Motorcycle - Motorcyclists
    They come with a $40 price tag, but it'd be worth my ears to me, if they are any good - in particular better than the foamies...

All thoughts appreciated!

--- Edit ---

I just found you can order those online for $34 a pair + $9 shipping - if there is interest I may organize a bulk buy and see if there can be done anything on the price...
    Last edited by robbo85; 07-11-2013, 08:18 AM.

I use ear brand with the Orange band around the center the large size and they have been the best out of all of the brands that I have tried.
    Tp

Comment

Max Lite Ear Plugs, Howard Leight Max Light Earplugs from T.A.S.C.O

26dB

or

Laser Lite Ear Plugs, Howard Leight Laser Light Plugs from T.A.S.C.O.

32dB

^those two are my personal favorites. if i want to retain some hearing (for awareness when street riding) i just don't fit them so deeply.
      Originally posted by Bendito
      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Ear mold Australia do custom plugs that are injection moulded. Best things I have bought. They suit me fine but some people don't like them. They where about $70 - $80

Comment

Protec hearing in Bicton. Cost about $80 and takes 30min to get some moulded plugs. Really comfy and have a much higher rating than the foam disposables.
          I forgot my moulded plugs a couple weeks back and luckily had some foam disposables the difference is amazing!
          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

I use silicone plugs - a few bucks from most chemists for 3 pair.
            Roll it around your hand to soften then shove em in; they mould to suit and are comfy.
            Noise cancellation is the equivalent of blocking ears with fingers.
            Apparently they can be washed but pretty cheap so I chuck em after half a dozen uses.
            It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

I used to use the silicon swimmer putty plugs - no biggie if you lose them (unlike the molded plugs).

Then I got gifted a pair of etymotics and am very happy with them for cutting down the noise. Tunes / nav directions an added bonus.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                Protec hearing in Bicton. Cost about $80 and takes 30min to get some moulded plugs. Really comfy and have a much higher rating than the foam disposables.
                Also got myself a pair of fitted plugs from Protec (on good recommendation from quite a few on here!) a little while back. They are still $80, but are custom fitted. They do feel a bit strange at first and take a little getting used to, but I wouldnt consider going for anything more than a very short / local ride to the shops or something without them now.

Got the old man onto a set at the bikeshow on the weekend too and he is happy with them too!

Comment

Rang today and Matt will see if it can fit me in tonight... Rode my bike to and from Barabgallo (helping VRT) on Saturday and wind noise in my helmet was....cannot think of the word right now
                  But i definitely need a pair
                  Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                  remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                  Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                  Who died while defending his right of way;
                  He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                  But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Hey mate ... both myself and my wife use Alpine ear plug and they are worth every cent.
                    No wind noise at all and we can hear our Sena unit A1 .

Comment

Originally posted by robbo85 View Post

I just found you can order those online for $34 a pair + $9 shipping - if there is interest I may organize a bulk buy and see if there can be done anything on the price...
                      Where did you find them ?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SITH View Post
                      Hey mate ... both myself and my wife use Alpine ear plug and they are worth every cent.
                      No wind noise at all and we can hear our Sena unit A1 .
                      Will see SITH, to many options out there and too many opinions

Comment

I use "hearos" Rock N' Roll HEAROS, 1 Pair, NRR 22 Earplugs

they cut out wind noise, but i can still hear whats going on around me, not great for conversation though

$20 from Kosmic sound
                        On the internet you can be anyone you want.
                        It's surprising that so many people choose to stick with "moron"

Comment

Originally posted by robbo85 View Post
                          After riding a bit more recently - also country rides and a bit higher speed than just the 60-80 around town I feel I require some earplugs to keep my hearing for the years to come.

I tested some cheapo foam ear plugs but that just dulls everything badly and still gives a lot of lower frequency noises...
                          +1 I tried the foam ones at various times but always found they just made me feel disengaged from the bike and put pressure on my ear canals after a while I ended up getting a set of these Radians Custom Moulded plugs from the Ear Plug Store in the US for ~$20 shipped They work quite well and cut most excessive noise without making it feel like I have a fishbowl over my head
                          I guess you could even fit ear buds into them as well for music
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Got the pair tonight... It take 1/2 hour to get them done
                            Will try them tomorrow and report

Comment

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
                              Where did you find them ?

- - - Updated - - -

Will see SITH, to many options out there and too many opinions
                              I realize it's a bit late - but somehow the notification came up just now - I found those on Alpine Motosafe Earplugs by Alpine | Earjobs - will get some after x-mas, considering I'm seeing the parents in Europe for about a month.

Comment

Working...
                              X