Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nodding etiquette

Hi guys

Sorry if this is another repeated subject but I had a search which came up with nothing.

I'm a new rider, only passed my test on Wednesday. Been riding to and from work the last few days and have been passing a few other riders along the way, none that I have noticed have given me the nod and I'm now starting to ease off with my nodding.

Should I just keep nodding at every bike I pass? Or do I hold back the nod for only the special ones that nod me first?
    Do sports only nod sports and cruisers with cruisers or should it be a free for all nodding at everyone I see.

Is it really that important
    Originally posted by Rich...
    You got me in trouble...

Comment

Not really I'm just board at work

Comment

I get a few nods riding to tafe every day.. cept this one squid on a 1098 corse... too cool for school that guy lol

Comment

I typed the word nod into the search...

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...er-nod-160469/

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ot-nod-141593/

There's heaps of thread on this subject...

Nod, don't nod, whatever...

I nod mostly...

Comment

Do whatever you feel comfortable with. I nod, whether sportsbike, cruiser, whatever. (ok, possibly not scooters) Couldn't care less if they nod back but I have noticed it's not as common as it used to be.

Comment

nod away I say. I nod at anyone that seems to be looking in my direction who is on two wheels. Except scooters. The more trying the conditions (weather etc) the more I will nod. I like to think the people who don't return the nod either haven't seen me or are busy dealing with the ride. it's an acknowledgement we're all out there together trying to survive the cages and knowing no matter how nice their cage is...we live life at another level.
              euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Nod as much as you can, as fast as you can, and don't stop for any reason.

Comment

I put one of these on my bike:

It does the hard work of nodding for me.
                  "Who the hell steals a Ninja 250?"
                  "People who enjoy the rush of theft but dislike the rush of speed..."

Comment

You've had your license for three days. Concentrate on simply not-crashing for a while, yeah?
                    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

I don't nod at scooters, they are inferior bastards who ride only to save petrol and take our parking spaces.
                      I don't nod at bikies, they are inferior bastards who ride only because they are told to and will NEVER return the nod.

Everyone else I nod at. If we don't use it, we'll lose it.
                      It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

I'm nodding right now.

Have you thought about installing a FE? People will nod once you put one of those on your bike. I think they're legal too.
                        Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                        Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

It has been quiet stretches of road where I have been nodding and thinking about it

Comment

I nod unless I don't notice them. Sometimes even scooter riders if I don't immediately recognise its a scooter.

I don't care if they nod first, nod back, ignore me, stare blankly or give me the finger.

I noticed I'm a "late nodder". A lot of time I'm nodding as they pass so don't know (or care) if they nod back.

Sometimes I get a nod from a driver, passenger or pedestrian. I presume they're riders, know riders, want to be a rider, or sympathetic towards riders. Better than when they bark at you or yell obscenties. Kids nod a lot too I've noticed. And smile. And point. And appreciate a wave. And motion for wheelies (yeah right).

What were we talking about again?

Oh, nodding. Do it if you want. Or not.
                            __________________________________________________ ____________
                            "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

[QUOTE=devolved;2963127]I'm nodding right now.

Have you thought about installing a FE?

Should I show how nieve I am and even ask what an FE is

Comment

Working...
                              X