Laro cruiser 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laro cruiser 250

Hi Everyone Just wondering if anyone has Laro Cruiser 250? Are they an good?
    I currently have a Honda 250 CBR and want to try a cruiser without blowing the
    budget...I can get a Laro Cruiser for about $2500 (used) low kms this years model.

Any advise will be helpful. Thanks Evie

My advice is just don't.

Try and stick with the big 4 manufactures. If you wait till you get your open license slightly older large capacity ones aren't exactly expensive.
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

First net based owner review.......

Have bought a lovely Laro 250 cruiser regal. Was last one in a dealership that had to close for health reasons. Had 25klm on the clock when we trailered it home.has now got 76klm on the clock and has been back to workshop which is 2hours away. . First time the fan and sensor were not working and also the foot brake light did not work all had to be replaced. That took 6 days to fix. Now is back in shop because the voltage regulator was not working. Got 16klm from home and she stopped dead my husband was able to clutch start it thank goodness and we were able to limp her home. I got my licence at 60 as I was tired of being a pillion we go on rides with our Ulysses chapter and wanted to be independent , so far I have not been game to go with them with the Laro as it has not been reliable. I have had an old bike for 6years and saw this beauty which I could afford glad of the two year warranty though as it happens. Not very happy as it was a new bike and has not been on a longer ride than 16klm. NOT HAPPY JANE!!! I cannot recommend anything about this bike as I have not had the chance to ride it far, only thing going for it is the LOOK which does not cut the mustard. Have been teased by fellow Ulyssians that is a Chinese Harley look alike with nogo performance that is a bit embarrassing to say the least. May get bike back Monday this time only 5 Days and 4hour round trip to retrieve it. At my age all I wanted before I cannot ride anymore was the thrill of a little Cruiser that looked great as well as work great!!! Took me until recently to find said Bike, on a pension cannot afford the best bike in the world but as a new bike thought it might be better than it has been so far.. Cheers Not a HAPPY LADY RIDER
      Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Aren't they made in China? That says it all...

Comment

Upon further inspection, the Laro ProStreet 350 is a rebadged Hunter Daytona. They're virtually identical, except for the shape of the plastic covers under the seat.

I'd swear I've seen the Cruiser 250 branded as a different bike too... Gotta do some hunting around to find it.

edit: Got it. The Laro Cruiser 250 is also known as,

wait for it,

THE PAGSTA CRUISA!

My advice? Avoid like the goddamn plague. There are plenty of way, WAY better used small cruiser bikes for the money.

Look at the Honda VT250C Custom or a Yamaha V-Star 250... Even the Hyosung GV250 Aquila is going to be better than one of these.

edit 2: It's also sold as the Regal Raptor Cruiser 250 EFI. Now I've seen it, I can't unsee it.
          Last edited by ms_enj; 10-11-2013, 10:46 AM.
          "Who the hell steals a Ninja 250?"
          "People who enjoy the rush of theft but dislike the rush of speed..."

Comment

Thanks for your advice and yes I think I will give it a miss .....

Comment

Originally posted by evaevie View Post
              Thanks for your advice and yes I think I will give it a miss .....
              I would have given the same advice, glad you took it

The bitterness off poor quality always outlasts the sweetness of a cheap purchase.
              Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Laro cruiser 250

Are all Chinese bikes shit I have been thinking about getting a Cleveland heist

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                  Are all Chinese bikes shit I have been thinking about getting a Cleveland heist
                  Just get a used Japanese bike that is in good nick. You know how we rag on Hyosung for their poor quality. Hyosung is a long way ahead of any of the Chinese brands and will be for some time to come.
                  LAMS also opens up some bigger options, particularly with older models. It's not like you are stuck with over priced 250s anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by AliastheJester View Post
                    Just get a used Japanese bike that is in good nick. You know how we rag on Hyosung for their poor quality. Hyosung is a long way ahead of any of the Chinese brands and will be for some time to come.
                    LAMS also opens up some bigger options, particularly with older models. It's not like you are stuck with over priced 250s anymore.
                    Haha I all ready ride a hyo, only had it a couple of months hasn't let me down..... Yet

Comment

Originally posted by evaevie View Post
                      Hi Everyone Just wondering if anyone has Laro Cruiser 250? Are they an good?
                      I currently have a Honda 250 CBR and want to try a cruiser without blowing the
                      budget...I can get a Laro Cruiser for about $2500 (used) low kms this years model.

Any advise will be helpful. Thanks Evie
                      Might be worth checking out, Evie:

Used Suzuki Intruder, VL 250 - Cruiser - Road Bike 2000 | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Mundaring Area - Glen Forrest | 1030958197
                      It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Thanks will check it out

Comment

Yes they will be a rebadge. I have the Laro Prostreet 350. They are Regal Raptor or Hunter Daytona. Easiest way to find info is look at the model number on the bikes plate. Mine is DD350E-6C...

Has bouncy speedo, fuel at half when full, battery was dead at 5k kms

I bought it second hand. Put new battery in and 2 rides later completely lifeless. Someone said it could be the Rectifier/Regulator or coils. Basically I switch it on and not a blink or sound.. Waiting on multimeter to try my hand at working way up from battery to ignition switch to find the problem..

From what I have read online and my own experience stay away from the 250 and 350.

Comment

G'day evie,

I can highly recommend this bike as I ride one myself. Same year model even. Reliable, comfortable and pretty easy to ride. It is also able to run my 5' 10" and nearly 100 kg self around without being sluggish.

Cheers
                            Drew
                            "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for ..."

Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by roomandu View Post
                              G'day evie,

I can highly recommend this bike as I ride one myself. Same year model even. Reliable, comfortable and pretty easy to ride. It is also able to run my 5' 10" and nearly 100 kg self around without being sluggish.

Cheers
                              Drew
                              When mine is going it gets my 6" 10 and nearly 140kg self around as well (when it goes)

Comment

Working...
                              X