Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Motorcycle Parking Near.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any Motorcycle Parking Near.....

Hi guys,

is there anywhere I can park up my bike for 45min as close to 191 St. Georges Terrace? Also If I park up off the footpath in front of a building will I get slapped with a ticket or towed away?

Sambo

Originally posted by Samboleary View Post
    Hi guys,

is there anywhere I can park up my bike for 45min as close to 191 St. Georges Terrace? Also If I park up off the footpath in front of a building will I get slapped with a ticket or towed away?

Sambo
    Convention Centre underground parking would be pretty close to there; $7 for the whole day so an hour shouldn't be too much. With the recent wheel clamping I wouldn't be parking on the footpath anywhere around there.

Comment

Ive just been on google maps, looks like there are two or three bays on Mill St and Georges Terrace. Hopefully they wont be full! lol

Comment

also remember that bikes parked in car bays in the CBD are a no no these days.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettH View Post
          also remember that bikes parked in car bays in the CBD are a no no these days.
          I dont get into the city much but have been pinned with this twice. Second time I got to have a chat and even though I'm from a neighbouring council I still got the cockhead treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by rnelson955 View Post
            Convention Centre underground parking would be pretty close to there; $7 for the whole day so an hour shouldn't be too much. With the recent wheel clamping I wouldn't be parking on the footpath anywhere around there.
            $7 - how long is that for? I've been paying $10.20 at CPP on Murray St.

I usually arrive around 7-ish and leave close to 5pm

Comment

^^^ $7 covers all day. So... yeah, all day.

Also If I park up off the footpath in front of a building will I get slapped with a ticket or towed away?
              You'll probably get a fine before you've even taken your helmet off, they're fast down there.

Originally posted by rnelson955 View Post
              Convention Centre underground parking would be pretty close to there
              It's extremely close, do this.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
                ^^^ $7 covers all day. So... yeah, all day.
                Thanks will be heading there from tomorrow!

Comment

There's the free bays just under the overpass, but they get pretty full by about 9ish.

Comment

There's two outside the Woodside building 240 StGTce and another near 235 StGTce, both are 1hr from memory.

Comment

There is an app called "Motorcycle and Scooter Parking" for Apple and Android.
                      Pretty useful.
                      It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Originally posted by BikeRider View Post
                        There's two outside the Woodside building 240 StGTce and another near 235 StGTce, both are 1hr from memory.
                        yeh these are usually free, don't notice bikes there very often

Comment

Originally posted by JaR6d View Post
                          There's the free bays just under the overpass, but they get pretty full by about 9ish.
                          This is where I ended up parking after. And walked the 5 min to where I had to go. The other parking bays with MC written on them on the streets, what is the story with them? Do you have to pay to park there?

Comment

Nah, that was because they saw the hyo.............
                            Nuke em till they glow, then shoot em in the dark!!!

Comment

This is where I ended up parking after. And walked the 5 min to where I had to go. The other parking bays with MC written on them on the streets, what is the story with them? Do you have to pay to park there?
                              Not unless they have a meter, nearly all those along Hay St have a meter, all others will be parking as per how long the cars are allowed to park, others will have stupid times like 15 mins or half hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X