too buy or not to buy... XJ 900 1985

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too buy or not to buy... XJ 900 1985

Been offered a bike .. XJ 900 at a good price.. not sure what there worth ... do I keep it or do i move it on and make a little proffit..?? :mellow:

Need more info than that!
    Xj's were/are a pretty good bike and pretty popular for resto/customs

Comment

its through work.. was a trade in.. boss offering it to me under 800 bucks.. rego till june or may next year.. I have 4 rego s as it is .. do i want another.. Another bike in the shed.. mmm ????

Comment

Buy a Daytona, you know you want to...
        Not my circus, not my monkeys

Comment

I'll take it for 800

Comment

You may be able to make a quick buck, but not a lot...

Comment

According to the pink book (Starfish's guide to vehicle values) if it's running well it's probably worth about $900.

Only coz it's well old.

Had an XJ750 and it was a great bike. If it's a runner and you want a cheap bunky commuter, could do a lot worse. If you've already got a couple bikes and no yearning for a resto project, it's a waste of time. And forget trying to sell it for a profit unless you're very patient. Clean it up and you might find some schmuck who will pay $1500 for it but it'll be sitting there for a while, depreciating the spent dollars and taking up space, before you make that extra couple hunj on it.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

great info guys... I told the boss I have enough regos as it is and don't need another.. sell it on.. ha .. who am I kidding.. myself i would say.. be another collection to the shed.. heehee.. boat , tralier, scooter, bike, 4b4.. thats enough rego's..

Comment

Buy it if it's readily affordable to you, de-rego it & put it in storage. One day it could be worth something (how many of us could have used this advise 20+ years ago?).

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

No you don't want it!!!!

You must be an easy target, can't you say NO??

Comment

Most disappointing bike I ever rode. Wanted one, the specs just suited me, wanted to like it but a short ride convinced me to make it even shorter. Gave it back to my brother and he agreed it is boring.

Comment

Not a massive fan of Cafe racers (because I can't fit on one) but this looks pretty cool

Comment

[MENTION=10159]Graelin[/MENTION],
                          What isn't a boring ride?
                          Apart from a tuned Vespa...
                          This friendly announcement was brought to you by WAPOL
                          Taking peoples Cash for their Christmas Fund on Straight pieces of road

Comment

$800 for a running licensed 900 is a win win

is it this one

or this one

sigpic

Comment

Luv my 'ol XJ 900.
                              "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it," she once said, "unless I'm thirsty."
                              Madame Lilly Bollinger

Comment

Working...
                              X