Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught a guy taking pics of my bike

Hey

On the way home from work yesterday I stopped at an IGA, when I came out I found a guy taking photos of my bike.
    I asked him to delete them and he did, I wasn't sure if he was just having a look or maybe checking it out to steal.
    Was the glengarry IGA and he was riding what looked like a ktm duke cheap copy white with back box and had a German / Swiss accent, didn't get his rego

You ride a hyosung, take it as the strangest compliment ever.

Especially if he steals it.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Relax, if you were in a public place you'd be amazed how common it is for randoms to take photos of people's bikes.

A Hyosung, though? Sketchy stuff.

Comment

Lol ok thanks

Comment

Public place, can take photos of whatever he likes.

I'm curious as to how you approached him to delete the photos?
          such comment
          wow
          many post

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post

fuckn delete them or i'll stab yah fuckin straya!1
            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post

I was polite about it, just asked him to delete them as I didn't know him or his intentions for the photos

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                I was polite about it, just asked him to delete them as I didn't know him or his intentions for the photos
                Happy days mate.

Was just reflecting on when I've been 'sprung' taking photos of other people or peoples cars/bikes/etc. I can only ever think of one guy that was a little cagey about it, everybody else has generally been very cool or even interested in what I was doing.

Glad to hear everything was amicable in the end.
                such comment
                wow
                many post

Comment

Ive been in the city and people stop to check out my bike and take photos a few times. I didn't think much of it, good luck to them if the try and steal it. I wouldn't stress over it, have you got insurance?
                  We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Comment

Yer it's insured, I took me by surprise more than anything, as the guys said it's only a hyosung

Comment

Yer it's insured, I took me by surprise more than anything, as the guys said it's only a hyosung
                      Hey, the GTR's get mistaken for Ducati's... or vice versa... I forget which
                      Maybe he thought it was a Hardley or summat.

Comment

At least you didn't come out to find someone sitting on it.
                        Originally posted by Desmo
                        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

On the way home from work yesterday I stopped at an IGA, when I came out I found a guy taking photos of my bike.
                          At least he wasn't shitting on it as well.

Comment

I would probably see it as a compliment if someone took photos of my bike, I did put in effort to make it look nice after all..

There was one day though when I was getting some takeaway and as I walked back to the bike found ~5 or so people standing around chatting next to it, then suddenly one of them slapped the top of the seat cowl with enough force to hear it from the other end of the carpark

Was kinda shocked at first, also annoyed.. but there was 5 of them, all bigger than me and I'm pretty sure they didn't speak english so I just tried to nicely shoo them away a bit so I could leave.
                            Caitlyn.
                            Previously: 1984 Honda VT250F-IID Integra - gone to bike heaven
                            Current: 2000 Honda VFR800fiY Movistar edition

Comment

Originally posted by CatiePotatie View Post
                              I'm pretty sure they didn't speak english so I just tried to nicely shoo them away a bit so I could leave.
                              hitting a broom handle against the ground usually startles foreigners and makes them scatter quite quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X