bike recovery after accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike recovery after accident

just wondering, Missus seen the aftermath of a crash today. Bike smashed into back of car, rider hit the back window or went through was a White CBR, happened in Mandurah...My question is(long winded but) ,after the Accident scene has been cleared the Bike and Helmet have been left there, what is the General Feeling if you have the means and time to be able to Recover and store the bike for the rider is this frowed upon or something ok to do. The tow truck was there but towed the car away only. Im out at on a mine site so details of the accident are sketchy but thought I'd raise the Question as a number of times you see bikes just left on the side of the road after a crash...
    Last edited by MJP; 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM.

"The toe truck was there but towed the car away only."

Cameltoe Towing ?
    Last edited by TROUBLE; 12-11-2013, 01:43 PM.
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

From my understanding the bike is not towed if:

1) Cops don't sign for it.
      2) You don't sign for it.

My first crash, I signed for it... and I barely doing so..shock and all that. (conscious)
      My second crash, cops signed for it. (unconscious)

I'd say that the cops didn't sign for it because ol' mate was conscious and elected not too.

This is my understand, probably wrong but I believe is the case.

If you had the times and means and you were a good guy, sure do it..but we have all heard about the story with regards to the american chick who was choking, some guy saved her life by using that chest beating exercise but also breaking a few ribs etc.

If it was me, I'd never want my bike to be left on the side of the road, unless it was fully insured and I didn't want to see it again...
      Originally posted by Rich...
      You got me in trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Sookie View Post
        we have all heard about the story with regards to the american chick who was choking, some guy saved her life by using that chest beating exercise but also breaking a few ribs etc.
        Fortunately in Australia you can't be sued for trying to save someones life. Good Samaritan acts are protected under Australian law.

Back OT, I elected to have my bike left at the scene so that it could be towed by a relative. I made sure I had a hold of my keys though. The last thing you want is to find it's not there after organising a pickup.
        Originally posted by Desmo
        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
          "The toe truck was there but towed the car away only."

Cameltoe Towing ?
          haha, derr...fixed

Comment

What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Wasn't the stolen cbr600 from byford was it?

Comment

Working...
              X