Great Northern Hwy Roe Hwy lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Northern Hwy Roe Hwy lights

I hate them with a passion. Have sat through 5 light changes waiting to turn right. Have tried positioning bike in several places with the idea of tripping pressure pads. THEY DON'T EXIST. If you see me there at around 5pm on a week night, give us a wave to help pass the time.

I have the same problem at a few sets of lights... They are usually inductive switched. You should see two rectangles in the asphalt. If you position yourself in the middle, where both edges of those rectangles are closest to each other you should set them off. Unfortunately that's usually where the oil slick is and every instructor and assessor doesn't want you to be...

Comment

I had to wave the car behind me, right up to my back wheel turning onto Thomas Rd @ the Rockingham Rd lights.

I had waited for 3 light changes and obviously I wasn't heavy enough. I was sitting right where you said ^^^^
      What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Weight has nothing to do with it. They are inductive loops as stated.

Comment

I've done what Granny did and moved positions several times and they still didn't change till the car moved up behind me
          What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

No cameras there?
            No one coming?
            No cops around?

Just go.

Comment

The lights at Orrong and McDowell are really bad too. I've given up worrying about it it's usually late at night when I'm there so I just wait until its clear then go through.

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                I had to wave the car behind me, right up to my back wheel turning onto Thomas Rd @ the Rockingham Rd lights.

I had waited for 3 light changes and obviously I wasn't heavy enough. I was sitting right where you said ^^^^
                I do exactly the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny View Post
                  pressure pads. THEY DON'T EXIST.
                  No they don't, they are inductance loops and the amount of ferrous material in your bike isn't enough to trigger them.

Comment

It's been a while since we've had one of these threads...
                    If people would like to PM me as much detail as possible about the intersection, direction of travel and lane(s) I'll look into it when I'm on night shift. Alternatively you can call it in on 138 138 at any time but it's much easier to test the sensors late at night when there is no traffic

Comment

Guess ill just have to be nice to all the cars I passed earlier then

Comment

Originally posted by Granny View Post
                        I hate them with a passion. Have sat through 5 light changes waiting to turn right. Have tried positioning bike in several places with the idea of tripping pressure pads. THEY DON'T EXIST. If you see me there at around 5pm on a week night, give us a wave to help pass the time.
                        Travelling which way to where?

As [MENTION=20458]Sonik[/MENTION] send, send him a message with all the relevant info

Comment

ive heard tell that, if you put your kickstand down it can trip the sensor, as the metal is closer to it.
                          Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

I've had a lot of trouble at the Toodyay Rd/Roe Hwy lights myself, when heading east on Toodyay Rd, trying to turn right onto the Roe:

PM Incoming, Mr Sonik
                            Originally posted by tank-wombat
                            Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                            ----------------------------------------
                            TRX 850.

Comment

Also, turning right onto Toodyay Rd (coming from the top of that pic) is a dog.. I've had it make me wait for multiple light switches years back in the middle of the night with no cars around.

Comment

Working...
                              X