Anywhere in Perth stock rad guards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anywhere in Perth stock rad guards?

Anyone know if a bike shop in Perth that would have radiator guards in stock? to suit a 07 R1?
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Ring around the Yamaha stores, pretty sure you'll find one...

Comment

or steve from ratedR parts, check his ebay store?

he's in perth, not far from me and i can pick up for you if you want

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

oh yeah forgot about RatedR cheers!
        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

I got mine from radguard.com.au placed order on sunday night and recieved it tuesday 8.30am

I know its not in Perth, but really good turnaround times and service

Comment

brought some mesh last night to make one over the weekend.....

Comment

Yep, mesh from one of the Auto places (we went to the one at the big Cannington complex near the Kenwick link on Albany Hwy, first one in on the left), then off to Clark Rubber for the surrounds, oh and some cable ties if you don't have any.

Mesh is around $50, $20 odd for the rubber, bob's your uncle

Comment

Originally posted by adam03957 View Post
                brought some mesh last night to make one over the weekend.....
                where did u buy the mesh from?

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                Yep, mesh from one of the Auto places (we went to the one at the big Cannington complex near the Kenwick link on Albany Hwy, first one in on the left), then off to Clark Rubber for the surrounds, oh and some cable ties if you don't have any.

Mesh is around $50, $20 odd for the rubber, bob's your uncle
                This is what i done on my ZX6 but i wasnt really happy with it the mesh seemed a bit light
                B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by time_attack View Post
                  I got mine from radguard.com.au placed order on sunday night and recieved it tuesday 8.30am

I know its not in Perth, but really good turnaround times and service
                  yeah, + 1 to radguard. Warp Speed are another local brand too I believe.
                  I'm looking for a beautiful woman with a sick mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post

This is what i done on my ZX6 but i wasnt really happy with it the mesh seemed a bit light
                    Last one Andy made was for the Speed Trip in cross country mode, he must have thought it would survive otherwise he wouldn't have done it. Tis silver though compared to the colours you can get.

Myself, I use Ozzimotto, he has a couple of days turn around, mention me and you might get a discount (used to) expect to pay around $120-140 though

Comment

I went to saystheircheap auto

Just some cheap aluminium stuff, Its only to stop bigger stones tho. Trying to filter small stones will just block airflow, will experiment with some shade cloth too

Comment

Originally posted by harpo marxman View Post
                        Warp Speed are another local brand too I believe.
                        Now there's a PSB gem. Pity I can't find the thread though.

Comment

Originally posted by adam03957 View Post
                          I went to saystheircheap auto

Just some cheap aluminium stuff, Its only to stop bigger stones tho. Trying to filter small stones will just block airflow, will experiment with some shade cloth too
                          I put the same mesh on my last bike. Think u might be onto something there with the shade cloth i know u can buy light aluminium flyscreen material from bunnings maybe running a combo of both the wide mesh and the flyscreen would work.
                          If i cant source one today or tomorrow i'll just knock a quick one up for the Gnome Run on sunday then order a proper unit
                          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

combo of both the wide mesh and the flyscreen would work.
                            Thought about the flyscreen stuff but this thread on adv rider put me off Updated DIY Radiator Guard - ADVrider

However I like his airflow measurement method, right in the diy spirit, and will be using it myself

Comment

Mike, I have some ali mesh at home, I used it on the drz. Pop round and grab what you need.
                              yes, i am ignorant
                              yes, i am a prick
                              no, i don't care
                              you make me sick

Comment

Working...
                              X