Motorcycle insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle insurance

Motorcycle insurance, should be picking my new bike up around Christmas BMW s1000rr I know different insurers can vary a lot so which insurer is bike friendly? Usually don't insure my bikes but this one might be worth insuring.
    sigpic

Currently insured by SGIO based on recommendations by other riders. Premiums are pretty average but the service is apparently well worth the cost. Never had to make a claim, hopefully won't either.

Have heard nothing but negativity towards RAC (obviously) and AAMI regarding motorbikes.

Comment

Shannons

Comment

Swann gave me the best price by about 50%

Comment

Bmw will do the insurance at the dealership
          Just got mine thru them.
          Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day

Comment

Try P&N Bank (police and nurses), they are underwritten by QBE.

Comment

Swann insurance was mine on my bike. Car and boat are on SGIO

Comment

I'm with AAMI and have absolutely loved calling them up... until recently. They've moved majority of their call centres to India and you can sure as freaking hell tell the difference.

In saying that, for me AAMI was the cheapest. SGIO wanted 8 grand a year full comp, SGIO wanted 4 grand a year. With AAMI I'm paying $1600 ish full comp a year

Comment

touch wood going through AAMI right now, low side happened on the 19th of october, paid my excess on the 21st, the 23rd my bike was picked up, and I should be able to get my bike back this week or next, if thats not good I dont know what is
                  Master of the missed signals

Comment

Qbe.

Comment

Originally posted by kenty View Post
                      touch wood going through AAMI right now, low side happened on the 19th of october, paid my excess on the 21st, the 23rd my bike was picked up, and I should be able to get my bike back this week or next, if thats not good I dont know what is
                      Probably should have mentioned I have made claims with AAMI and dealing with them was fantastic.
                      The one thing that shits me is that the claims department is only open during business hours. When I had to tow my bike at 9:30pm one night after finding my bike, I had no idea what to do because I didn't want to fork out the money for a tow from Murdoch to Morley or to a holding bay as I was looking in excess of $500. Money I didn't have.
                      It was only coincidence that the towing company I called were contractors through AAMI

I called up AAMI a couple times just asking someone for help on what to do or who to call, each time I got the same dead-pan response "our claims centre is closed sorry" *click*
                      When I did get a Westerner, she was very helpful but unfortunately not knowledgeable as she was only the switch board operator.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaderotti View Post
                        I called up AAMI a couple times just asking someone for help on what to do or who to call, each time I got the same dead-pan response "our claims centre is closed sorry" *click*
                        AAMI Claims are open 24/7, when the Mrs car got rear ended on the Freeway, I lodged the claim at about 9-10pm on a Sunday.

Comment

I'll be doing the ring around and asking BMW and thank for everyone's advice.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marras View Post
                            Shannons
                            ^^This. I have made claims with Swann & Shannons (nothing to brag about) both were fluid in the process but shannons was cheaper. Currently processing a claim with them and it has been a pleasure to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by fat boy View Post
                              I'll be doing the ring around and asking BMW and thank for everyone's advice.
                              Make sure you read the fine print.
                              When I was with QBE I was told new for old replacement, then I made a claim and new for old replacement was at their discretion not like shannons where it is actually new for old within 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X